NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
The College of Applied Health Sciences (AHS) (http://www.ahs.illinois.edu) at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign is accepting applications for an Instructional Media Specialist. The Instructional Media Specialist will be responsible for collaborating with AHS instructors and staff to plan, construct and deliver video content to support learning activities in online and blended courses, symposiums, workshops and conferences.
The University of Illinois is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer that recruits and hires qualified candidates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability or veteran status. For more information, visit http://go.illinois.edu/EEO.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop video content for online instruction
- Provide consultation and guidance to instructors about the most effective ways to create, organize and deliver video-based learning content
- Collaborate with instructors on the production and design of video content and digital media for multiple online and blended courses
- Create compelling video narrative through post-production editing of multimedia content
- Select, setup and operate video recording equipment, including audio and lighting systems
- Support and train instructors on video technology (e.g., choosing and operating cameras, training on editing for self-created projects)
- Ensure media content is ADA compliant and accessible to people with disabilities
- Ensure compliance with licensing and copyright laws and regulations
- Supporting online instructional media needs
- Maintain knowledge of evolving media forms, techniques and applications for education
- Collaborate with campus media professionals to maximize features of various projects
- Assist faculty with embedding video in websites and other web-based applications
- Train, supervise and delegate tasks to student workers, interns and hourly staff, ensuring the quality and timely delivery of their work
POSITION REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor’s degree
- 3 years of relevant work experience (e.g., educational technology or media production)
- Extensive, demonstrated experience using the Adobe Creative Suite (e.g., Premiere, Photoshop, and After Effects)
- Experience setting up and operating professional lighting, camera and sound equipment
- Experience leading and managing multiple projects simultaneously
- Experience working directly with faculty in higher education
- Experience with field production including the video recording of live events, the use of portable lighting and sound equipment, and multi-camera live editing with software and hardware switchers
- Experience with learning management systems (Blackboard) and video conferencing systems (Zoom)
- Advanced post-production skills including green screen keying and animated graphics creation/manipulation
Successful candidates will have:
- Knowledge of best practices in multimedia accessibility standards
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and relationship management skills
Competitive and commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Appointment Status and Start Date
This is a full-time (100%), 12 month Academic Professional appointment. The proposed start is as soon as possible after the closing date.
How to apply
To ensure full consideration, application materials must be received by June 25, 2020. Please complete your candidate profile at http://jobs.illinois.edu and upload a cover letter, resume and the names, address, phone numbers and email addresses of three professional references. The University of Illinois conducts criminal background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer.
For more information about this position, applicants may contact:
Jennifer Russell, Assistant Director of Human Resources