As a member of the Classroom Technology and AV Services team, the evening AV Technician is responsible for the daily operation of the AV Office in the evening and supports instructors using computers, audiovisual (AV) technologies, classroom response systems, classroom capture systems and Cloud based conferencing meeting tools in classrooms and auditoriums. Working closely with other members of the Classroom Technology Services staff, he/she will assist with set-up and maintenance of multimedia equipment, computers and projection systems for classroom instruction and special events on campus. Provide instruction, training and resources to facilitate the use of technology in the classroom. Perform equipment repairs and installations in Technology Classrooms, Presentation Rooms and Auditoriums. Provide video and audio engineering support for internal and external clients utilizing the campus classrooms, meeting rooms and auditoriums.
Examples of Duties:
- Provides AV support to faculty, staff, students and external clients who utilizethe Technology Enhanced Classrooms, Conference Rooms and Auditorium.
- Maintains AV Equipment & other classroom technology systems in the Classrooms, Meeting Rooms and Auditoriums on Campus.
- Schedules Equipment Reservations for faculty and students, including laptop and IPad Carts.
- Supervision of part time student employees.
- Trains and provides support to faculty on the use of the technology in the classroom.
- Collaborates with Instructional Designers and Instructional Technologist on enhancing teaching & learning in the classroom.
- Provides Audio Engineering services for Special Events held on campus, including equipment set up and operation for computer projection and public address systems.
- Replaces LCD Projection Lamps and other equipment as needed in Technology Classrooms, Presentation Rooms and Auditoriums.
- Assists with Departmental AV Equipment Inventory Management.
- Bachelor’s degree in telecommunications, related field, or equivalent work experience.
- 3-5 years “hands-on” experience with AV equipment utilized for classroom instruction and or event production support including; audio mixing and recording devices, HD video cameras and recording equipment, etc…
- Candidate should possess excellent communication skills and be able to multitask on several projects at one time.
- Considerable knowledge of the appropriate uses of technology for instruction.
- Demonstrated capability with computer operating systems, including knowledge of basic software programs such as Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc…
- Demonstrated capability with desktop videoconferencing equipment.
- Familiarity with Crestron and Extron AV Control Systems.
- Ability to lift and transport heavy equipment on a regular basis.
- Ability and willingness to work occasional nights and weekends as needed.
- Ability to work as a constructive member of a team.
How to apply
Please apply online with your resume, cover letter and list of three professional work references.
Review of candidates will begin following the application closing date.
Bi-Weekly Salary: $2,173.92
All official salary offers must be approved by Human Resources.