Division/College: College of Letters, Arts & Social Sciences
Employee Category: Faculty
Pay Range: $48,788 – $51,469, commensurate with experience
Full/Part Time: Full Time
The University of Idaho in Moscow, Idaho, invites applications for a full-time, non-tenure track Instructor of Mandarin Chinese in the Idaho Asia Institute. The unit seeks a dynamic and collaborative faculty member who is academically prepared and professionally qualified to teach a full load, typically four courses per semester, plus who has experience with and is enthusiastic about expanding a Chinese program both on the main campus and around the state with Dual Credit. The role of the Dual Credit Liaison consists of supporting the School of Global Studies and the Dual Credit Program in the facilitation of courses in which students can earn college credit for Chinese language in high school.
The position is renewable, subject to availability of funds and demonstration of continued excellence in teaching and service.
- M.A. in Foreign Language Pedagogy, Chinese, Second-Language Acquisition and/or Applied Linguistics;
- Native/near native fluency in English and Chinese;
- Experience teaching Chinese at the post-secondary level;
- Demonstrated ability to utilize technology in communications, assessment, teaching, and learning.
- Ph.D. in Foreign Language Pedagogy, Chinese, Second-Language Acquisition and/or Applied Linguistics;
- Experience working with Dual Credit and/or with teaching at the secondary level;
- Experience building and/or growing a Chinese language program;
- Background of travel, work, study and/or residence in a Chinese-speaking region.
Physical Requirements & Working Conditions:
Required Licensures, Certifications or other
Posting Number: F001109P
Posting Date: 02/21/2023
Open Until Filled: Yes
This position is open until filled, however, applications received on or before March 19, 2023 will receive first consideration. Posting will remain open until a suitable pool of candidates is identified.
As part of the application, you are required to provide a current CV, cover letter addressing required and preferred qualifications, and three references and their contact information.
Background Check: Applicants who are selected as final possible candidates must be able to pass a criminal background check.
How to apply
To apply, please visit: jobs.uidaho.edu
University of Idaho is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer.