Tenure Status: Non Tenure Track
Job Description Summary
The College of Nursing and Health Professions is currently accepting applications for a full time 12-month Instructor of Nursing and Academic Practice Partnerships Coordinator. This position will be responsible for the development and coordination of primary care collaborative practice model with the primary care sites. Including, fulfilling the role of a partnership liaison and formal facilitator between academic and clinical partners in all clinic locations to develop the primary care model and interprofessional collaborative experiences that include problem-solving and learning opportunities.
Essential Knowledge and Skills:
- Baccalaureate prepared nurse (BSN) and master’s in nursing (MSN) degrees are required
- Three to five years of experience in clinical setting Required
- Experience developing partnerships across different institutions, including educational, health care, business, and community Required
- Understanding of Health Professional Shortage Area (HPSA) and Medically Underserved Area (MUA) designations in southwest Indiana, as well as awareness of current trends in the healthcare industry and occupations is highly desired.
- Must be able to visit partners in the community.
This is a federally-funded grant position through June 30, 2021; funding for each subsequent year up to June 30, 2022 are contingent on satisfactory progress and continuation from HRSA.
Review of candidates will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
To learn more about the College of Nursing and Health Professions, please visit our website at http://health.usi.edu.
How to apply
To apply, please follow the directions on our www.usi.edu/jobs page to log in or set up an account. When completing the application, you will be given the opportunity to attach the additional documents required for this position, which include: (1) letter of application; (2) current curriculum vitae; (3) names and full contact information including e-mail addresses for three (3) professional references; (4) unofficial/official transcripts. Materials should be provided electronically within this web-based applicant system to the attention of Dr. Tracy Kinner, Search Committee Chair. Official transcripts will be required at a later stage and should be mailed to Dr. Ann White, Dean. EEO Statement
As an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, the University of Southern Indiana considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy or marital status, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, or any other category protected by law or identified by the University as a protected class.