NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Department: McLane College of Business
The University of Mary Hardin Baylor’s McLane College of Business seeks qualified faculty for its Accounting, Economics and Finance Department beginning Fall 2020, with initial appointment at the rank of Instructor, or Assistant or Associate Professor, commensurate with qualifications and experience. UMHB seeks faculty who are active Christians and dedicated teacher-scholars to prepare students for leadership, service, and faith-informed discernment in a global society.
The Accounting, Economics and Finance Department offers a Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA) in Accounting and a Master of Science in Accounting (MSA). The Department also provides other instructional support of the college’s undergraduate and graduate programs.
UMHB is conveniently located in Belton, an historic town of 20,000 in the heart of central Texas. Nearby cities are Temple (5 miles), Waco (45 miles), Austin (65 miles), San Antonio (130 miles) and Dallas/Ft. Worth (130 miles). Excellent schools, abundant cultural and recreational opportunities, and a high quality of life are hallmarks of the local community.
Faculty Responsibilities: Activities required of all faculty include exemplary teaching, curriculum development, student advising; professional attainment; and service to department, college, university, and the community.
Specific Responsibilities: Teach undergraduate courses in Accounting, and related graduate courses if qualified.
- The Instructor position is a non-tenure track position with minimal student advising and committee work. Teaching load is typically 15 hours.
- The Assistant/Associate Professor position is a tenure-track position with the usual faculty responsibilities in service and scholarship, including student advising and committee assignments. Teaching load is typically 12 hours per semester and may include graduate courses.
- For the Instructor position, a Master’s degree with at least 18 graduate-level course hours in Accounting or a closely related field, and a current CPA License in good standing is required.
- For the Assistant/Associate Professor position, a Doctorate in Accounting or a closely related field is required; ABD will be considered (tenure-track status requires terminal degree in hand).
- Excellent teaching and communication skills, a dedication to professional attainment, and commitment to quality improvement are essential.
- Must be an active, and committed Christian.
Salaries and Benefits:
Competitive salary commensurate with experience, excellent benefits including medical and dental insurance, retirement plan with match and UMHB tuition benefits for employees and their dependents.
Position will remain open until filled.
How to apply
Please submit a cover letter, CV, transcript copies, and evidence of quality teaching performance with your online application. Your letter of interest should also respond to UMHB’s mission and values, found at http://about.umhb.edu/our-mission. In addition, include in one page or less, a description of your own Christian beliefs and commitments.
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until position is filled.
For information regarding employment at the University of Mary Hardin-Baylor, please visit our Careers Site.
To apply, visit https://umhb.applicantstack.com/x/detail/a2zc18osfb6i