NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Unleash Your Potential With Us
As a next-generation public research institution, we are an inclusive community of thinkers, doers, creators, innovators, healers, and leaders striving to shape the future and solve the world’s most challenging problems. No matter what your role is, when you join Knight Nation, you become an integral part of our mission to become a university for the future. You’ll be met with opportunities to connect and collaborate with uniquely talented faculty, staff, and students across 13 colleges and multiple campuses and regional locations. That means greater challenges to tackle, more meaningful opportunities to grow, and rewarding experiences that go beyond a paycheck.
The Department of Nursing Practice in the College of Nursing at the University of Central Florida (UCF) invites applications for five full-time, 12-month, non-tenure earning instructor or lecturer positions to teach clinical and didactic courses primarily related to the care of the adult and critical care. These courses are directed towards undergraduate nursing students. The positions will be located on the UCF Orlando, Cocoa, and Daytona campuses, as needed, and are expected to begin in the Fall of 2023.
The selected candidates will work collaboratively with nursing colleagues and colleagues from other disciplines, maintain clinical practice competence, remain actively involved in professional organizations, maintain scholarship in their field (as appropriate to rank), and actively seek opportunities for and participate in College of Nursing faculty governance.
- Teaching the direct clinical portion of adult and critical care courses (i.e., inpatient units).
- Teaching on-campus labs and simulation activities related to these clinical courses. The selected candidates will be provided training and mentorship to facilitate simulation as part of clinical courses.
- Teaching adult critical care didactic courses and other didactic and clinical courses (besides adult and critical care) when needed, as qualified.
- Student advisement and mentorship.
- Participating in planning, organizing, and developing curriculum for Nursing Programs.
- Service to college and university committees.
- An earned Master of Science in Nursing from an accredited institution by date of hire (instructor), or a doctorate in nursing from an accredited institution by date of hire (lecturer).
- An unencumbered current RN licensure in Florida and multistate compact licensure by the date of hire.
- Recent undergraduate and/or graduate teaching experience in adult and critical care (within the past three years).
- Active Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR)/Basic Life Support (BLS) certification.
- At least 2 years of inpatient clinical experience caring for adults in acute and critical care units (within the past 5 years).
- Recent experience in teaching using online platforms.
- Demonstrated commitment to student success and excellence in undergraduate and/or graduate education.
- Demonstrated ability to incorporate instructional technologies in the classroom.
- Demonstrated scholarship (e.g., publications, national presentations) and active participation in community and/or professional organizations.
- Teaching experience at the graduate level.
- Certified nurse practitioner in Adult Acute Care.
- Certified Healthcare Simulation Educator (CHSE certification).
- Experience teaching other courses across the curriculum (women’s health, pediatrics health, community and public health, psych mental health).
Job Close Date:
Open until filled.
Note to applicants: Please keep in mind that a job posted as ‘Open until filled‘ may close at any time without notice. As such, we encourage you to submit your application and all required documentation as quickly as possible to ensure consideration for the posted position.
Are Benefits Important to You?
Working at UCF has its perks! In addition to helping drive change and having a positive impact by supporting our students, staff, and faculty, UCF offers:
- Benefit packages including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, healthcare flexible spending accounts, and an Employee Assistance Program.
- Paid time off, including annual and sick leave and paid holidays.
- Retirement savings options.
- Employee discounts, including tickets to many Orlando area attractions.
- Education assistance.
- Flexible work environment.
And more…For more benefits information, go to ‘Prospective Employees’ on the UCF Human Resources website (https://hr.ucf.edu/)
Who Are We?
Founded in 1963 to fuel the region’s talent pipeline and support the growing U.S. space program, UCF is built to make a better future for our students and society. It’s one of the reasons U.S. News & World Report ranks UCF among the nation’s top 20 most innovative colleges, while Forbes, Kiplinger, and The Princeton Review rank us a best-value university. UCF is one of 14 universities nationwide designated as both a Hispanic-Serving Institution and a Research 1 university. With 13 colleges, including a fully accredited College of Medicine, UCF offers more than 220-degree programs between its main campus, downtown campus, hospitality campus, academic health sciences campus, and 11 UCF Connect centers located throughout the region. In addition, UCF extends its reach to communities in and beyond Central Florida by offering complete, online programs leading to bachelor’s degrees, master’s degrees, Ph.D.’s., certificates, and more.
The University of Central Florida is proud to be a smoke-free campus and an E-Verify employer. Unless explicitly stated on the job posting, it is UCF’s expectation that an employee of UCF will reside in Florida as of the date the employment begins.
Additional Requirements related to Research Positions
Pursuant to Florida State Statute 1010.35, prior to offering employment to certain individuals in research-related positions, UCF is required to conduct additional screening. Applicants subject to additional screening include any citizen of a foreign country who is not a permanent resident of the U.S., or who is a citizen or permanent resident but is affiliated with or has had at least 1 year of higher education, employment, or training in China, Cuba, Iran, Russia, North Korea, Syria, or Venezuela.
The additional screening requirements only apply to employment in research-related positions, including, but not limited to faculty positions (including employed visiting positions), graduate positions, individuals compensated by research grants or contract funds, postdoctoral scholar positions, and undergraduate positions.
College of Nursing (CON) – Nursing PracticeWork Schedule
VariesType of Appointment
NegotiableEqual Employment Opportunity Statement:
As an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, UCF encourages all qualified applicants to apply, including women, veterans, individuals with disabilities, and members of traditionally underrepresented populations. UCF’s Equal Opportunity Statement can be viewed at http://www.oie.ucf.edu/documents/PresidentsStatement.pdf.
As a Florida public university, UCF makes all application materials and selection procedures available to the public upon request.
The University of Central Florida is proud to be a smoke-free campus and an E-Verify employer.
Your assistance with the University of Central Florida’s Affirmative Action Plan implementation is appreciated. The University collects VOLUNTARY declarations of race and gender and uses the information to compile statistics on recruitment success. If you choose to assist, your demographic information will be used only for affirmative action.
How to apply
UCF requires all applications and supporting documents be submitted electronically through the Human Resources employment opportunities website, https://www.ucf.edu/jobs/. In addition to the online application, interested candidates should upload a cover letter, a current curriculum vitae, and a list with contact information for three (3) professional references.
NOTE: Please have all documents ready when applying so they can be attached at that time. Once the online submission process is finalized, the system does not allow applicants to submit additional documents later.
Questions regarding this search may be directed to: Ms. Jeanelle Santana, search manager, at [email protected]
Special Instructions to the Applicants:
All candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States without requiring immigration sponsorship, including but not limited to non-immigrant visas, such as H1B, STEM, or F1, now and in the future.