Primary Purpose and Essential Functions:
The School of Engineering and Computer Science at the University of the Pacific invites applications for a part-time, non-tenure track position to teach one or more graduate cybersecurity courses beginning in the Fall 2023 semester. Specific courses will be determined based on applicant experience and department need, but may include: Secure software systems, Computer networking, Computer forensics, System administration, Vulnerabilities, Reverse engineering, Penetration testing, or other topics related to computer security. Courses are online and delivered asynchronously.
The sole responsibility of this position is to teach one course, including the following specific activities:
- Manage all aspects of the course, including the development of course plan, development of assignments, grading of student work, and submission of grades.
- Collect student performance assessment data.
- Hold regular virtual office hours to support students.
University of the Pacific recognizes that diversity, equity, and inclusion is foundational to the success of our valued students and employees. We prioritize policy and decision-making that demonstrates awareness of, and responsiveness to, the ways socio-cultural forces related to race, gender, ability, sexuality, socio-economic status, etc. impede or propel students, faculty, and staff.
- Masters degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- A doctorate or terminal degree is highly desirable.
- Experience teaching at an accredited university or college.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Proven ability to work successfully with diverse populations and commitment to promoting diversity and inclusion.
- Experience and sensitivity in working with people of diverse backgrounds and cultures.
- Demonstrated experience in advancing social justice, equity, and inclusion in a university setting.
- Ability to engage and integrate culturally responsive practices and knowledge in their work.
The physical demands described here are representative but not definitive of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Requires extended periods of sitting and repetitive hand/wrist motion while using a computer keyboard and phone. Occasional standing, walking, climbing stairs, bending, stooping, and reaching. Occasional lifting of up to 25 pounds.
Work Environment/Work Week/Travel:
Schedule is dependent on department needs.
How to apply
To apply, visit
Apply for this Job