Southern Utah University in Cedar City, Utah, is seeking applications for a non-tenure track Lecturer of Aviation Sciences. The individual in this position will teach aviation maintenance courses related to the Aviation Maintenance Technician A.A.S. degree. The renewable appointment is contingent upon funding and is anticipated as a long-term position. The anticipated start date is August 16, 2022.
First consideration of applications will begin July 11, 2022.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Teaching assignments will include a variety of undergraduate courses concentrated toward the area of aviation maintenance technician. This position will have a normal teaching load of 15 credit hours per semester (30 credits for the academic year). Courses are taught in classrooms on the SUU campuses in Cedar City, Utah during the day and evening, and possibly online. Other essential duties include, but are not limited to:
- Student advisement
- Curriculum development and review
- Committee participation
- Service within the department, college, and institution
- Appropriate scholarly and professional activities
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution of higher education.
- Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) Aircraft Maintenance Technician certificate with Powerplant ratings.
- At least 3 years of experience in the aviation industry or aviation academia.
- Master’s Degree from a regionally accredited institution of higher education.
- Experience teaching aviation related courses at a collegiate or comparable level, within industry, or within governmental educational settings.
- Significant experience as an aircraft mechanic
- Comprehensive basic electrical experience.
- Holding other FAA certificates may also be an advantage.
How to apply
- Resume/Curriculum Vitae
- Cover Letter
- Statement of Teaching Philosophy
- Unofficial Transcripts
- Contact information for 3 professional references
Copies of relevant FAA Certificates/Licenses will be requested upon hire.
Southern Utah University is committed to maintaining a community which recognizes and values the worth and dignity of every person; fosters tolerance, understanding, and mutual respect among its members; and encourages individual commitment to personal responsibilities in equal measure with personal rights. In pursuit of its goal of academic excellence, the University seeks to develop and nurture diversity. The University believes that diversity among its many members strengthens the institution, stimulates creativity, promotes the exchange of ideas, and enriches campus life.
Southern Utah University does not discriminate against any member of the University community on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, veteran status, pregnancy, pregnancy-related condition, genetic information, or other bases protected by applicable law in employment, treatment, admission, access to educational programs and activities, or other University benefits or services.