Job ID: 223086
A leader in innovative teaching and learning, Kennesaw State University is one of the 50 largest public institutions in the country. KSU offers more than 150 undergraduate, graduate and doctoral degrees to its more than 41,000 students. With 11 colleges on two metro Atlanta campuses, Kennesaw State is a member of the University System of Georgia and the third-largest university in the state. The university’s vibrant campus culture, diverse population, strong global ties, entrepreneurial spirit, and Division I athletics draw students from throughout the region and from 92 countries across the globe. Ranked a top choice for students by U.S. News, Kennesaw State is a Carnegie-designated doctoral research institution (R2), placing it among an elite group of only 6 percent of U.S. colleges and universities with an R1 or R2 status.
Our Kennesaw campus is located at 1000 Chastain Road NW, Kennesaw, GA 30144. Our Marietta campus is located at 1100 South Marietta Parkway, Marietta, GA 30060.
The Information Technology Department is part of the College of Computing and Software Engineering. The IT department has two undergraduate degrees – BSIT/BASIT, and a master’s degree – MSIT. The department also participates collaborative with an undergraduate degree and graduate degree in Cybersecurity.
Kennesaw State University is now accepting applications for a nine-month, non-tenure track Lecturer of Information Technology faculty position beginning August 2021.
- Teaching classes in the undergraduate Bachelor of Science in Information Technology program
- Participate in service activities per the department’s needs
- Working with a diverse population of students
- An earned Master’s, or the foreign equivalent, in a computing discipline, such as IT, CS, SWE, IS is required.
- Teaching experience preferred
- Online teaching experience preferred
- Experience teaching on-line or hybrid courses
- Experience with cybersecurity and/or data analytics a plus
- Industry experience a plus
How to apply
- Cover Letter
- Curriculum Vitae
- Unofficial Transcripts (Official Transcripts Due Upon Hire)
Apply Before Date
Open until filled.
For questions about this faculty opening, please contact Dr. Rebecca Rutherfoord, [email protected].
For more information or questions about a faculty job posting, please contact Academic Affairs at [email protected]. For technical support, please call OneUSG Connect Support at 877-251-2644, or by email at [email protected].