Dongbei University of Finance & Economics (DUFE), founded in 1952, is one of the leading universities in China in the areas of finance, economics, management, and tourism.
As one of the first business schools to start internationally cooperative education programs in China, International Business College (IBC, http://ibc.dufe.edu.cn/) of DUFE was founded in 2002 to achieve the University’s educational objective of High Standards and Internationalization. It shoulders a mission of promoting and advancing the full-scale internationalization of DUFE’s education and is seeking suitable candidates for undergraduate and postgraduate teaching and research.
- At least Master’s degree, degrees in Linguistics, Education, English, or other degrees relevant to ESL preferred.
- Applicants holding teaching certificates such as DELTA, CELTA, TESOL or TEFL preferred.
- Experience in teaching in higher education or Advanced Placement level.
- Applicants with 2 or more years of teaching experience preferred.
- Knowledge of the quality assurance process in higher education.
- Ability to collaborate with colleagues, work under pressure, and take initiative in the workplace.
- Willingness to share teaching strategies and be flexible.
- We are offering a very competitive salary package that matches those of the best universities in China. The salary range we offer is from RMB12000 to RMB15000 per month.
- Expatriate benefits will be available to eligible applicants, such as a relocation allowance, medical insurance and allowance, and paid leave.
- We offer free housing on campus or comparable housing allowance.
- Teaching academic English skills: reading, writing, listening and speaking.
- Flexibility with following a given syllabus and curriculum while using students-centered teaching methods to improve students’ English proficiency.
- Planning, delivering, and critically reviewing a range of teaching and assessment activities appropriate to students’ levels.
- Promptly marking and grading coursework, proctoring examinations, and providing appropriate feedback to students according to marking rubrics.
- Providing regular consultation and other extra-curricular support for students seeking guidance, assistance, and advice related to coursework.
- Participating in peer classroom observations or other professional development initiatives aimed at improving teaching.
Working Visa Application in China
According to new visa application procedures in China, new employees should have their Degree Certificate and Non-criminal Certificate authenticated by local Chinese Embassy/Consulate.
How to apply
To apply, please send your cover letter, CV, and 2 reference letters to [email protected]. For further questions on the advertised position, please contact:
Ms. Lynn Zhang
Human Resources Office
International Business College
Dongbei University of Finance and Economics
Email: [email protected]