College of Architecture, Arts and Humanities: Women’s Leadership
Lecturer – Women’s Leadership
Location: Clemson, SC
The program in Women’s Leadership at Clemson University announces a search for a full-time lecturer position. The successful/selected candidate will teach four courses in the Women’s Leadership curriculum each semester, including introductory and upper-division courses. This is a full-time, non-tenure-track academic position with a benefits package. Additional summer pay may be available depending on student demand.
The Bachelor of Arts in Women’s Leadership combines a traditional gender studies curriculum with a core focus on women in leadership. The program attracts students and affiliated faculty across a wide range of disciplines. The lecturer will be joining a new department which will be home to other undergraduate and graduate interdisciplinary programs. The search committee is especially interested to receive applications from candidates who can bring a focus on global issues and on the experiences of women under-represented in higher education.
- M.A. required, Ph.D. preferred in an area of the humanities or social sciences broadly conceived.
- 1-2 years teaching experience at the college level in gender and sexuality studies, or dissertation work in a relevant area strongly preferred.
- Evidence of scholarly engagement in areas of gender and sexuality studies and/or leadership studies is also desirable
How to apply
Please submit the following materials via Interfolio: http://apply.interfolio.com/123089
- Letter of Application
- At least two letters of reference
- A sample syllabus for an introductory level course
- A brief statement of teaching philosophy
Queries should be directed to Diane Perpich ([email protected]), Director, B.A. Program in Women’s Leadership, Clemson University.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Clemson University is an AA/EEO employer and does not discriminate against any person or group on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, pregnancy, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status or genetic information. Clemson University is building a culturally diverse faculty and staff committed to working in a multicultural environment and encourages applications from minorities and women.
If you apply for this position or indicate an interest advise the HR person you saw this advertisements on jobs.world.edu