Posting Number: S01172
The College of Lake County is currently looking for an experienced Library Services Assistant to join the team. Under the administrative supervision of the Dean of Library, Testing and Academic Success, and the functional supervision of the Manager of Library Services, this position handles all borrowing and processing of library material requests for CLC students, staff, and faculty, and processes requests for CLC materials from other libraries. This position also provides back-up staffing for the circulation desk and other areas as necessary.
CLC offers a competitive salary, excellent benefits that currently includes BlueCross/BlueShield of Illinois health, Delta dental and Superior vision insurance plans, tuition support for employees and qualified family members, three retirement plans, disability, group and supplemental life insurance, health and dependent care flexible spending account plans, a four-day work week in the summer (Fridays off!), generous vacation, sick and personal time off and 13 paid holidays each year.
The College of Lake County (CLC) is a comprehensive community college located in northeastern Illinois committed to being an innovative educational institution providing life-changing paths for our students by offering exceptional learning experiences.
The college is widely recognized for student success, business and community partnerships and for the achievements of our faculty, staff and alumni. Long-known as an employer of choice in Lake County, CLC was ranked #15 on the Forbes list of Top 100 Employers in the State of Illinois for 2019.
- Associate’s degree, preferably from an LTA program, or LTA Certificate.
- Minimum two (2) year’s work experience in library technical services or inter-library loan.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to manage and prioritize tasks and perform effectively with a fluctuating workload.
- Attention to detail and ability to check own work for accuracy.
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office and Windows.
- Proven ability to work effectively and constructively with persons of diverse cultures, language groups, and abilities; demonstrate sensitivity to and ability to work with the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural and ethnic backgrounds of community college students, faculty, and staff, including those with disabilities; establish and maintain effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of work.
- Experience with Sierra library system.
- Experience with Tipasa, OCLC.
- Experience working with inter-library loan.
- Ability to lift 25 pounds
Closing Date: 12/16/2019
Expected Start Date: 01/06/2020
Pay Rate: $13.73/HR.
Total Hours per week: 40.00
Monday – Friday, Hours 8:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
Software Testing Required
Excel, MS Word
Interview Process Requirements
How to apply
The College of Lake County is an equal opportunity employer and has a strong commitment to diversity. In that spirit, it seeks a broad spectrum of candidates including minorities, women and people with disabilities. EOE/AA/M/F/D/V