NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Job ID: 257946
Join our Team at the College of Coastal Georgia!
Located on the southeast Atlantic coast in Brunswick, midway between Savannah, Georgia and Jacksonville, Florida, the College of Coastal Georgia is an undergraduate college in the University System of Georgia with an additional outreach through the Camden Center in Kingsland, Georgia. The College provides an affordable and interactive education in the natural beauty and abundant sunshine of Georgia’s Golden Isles, an area noted for world-class golf courses and resorts as well as amazing diversity of maritime habitats, wildlife and sea creatures.
The School of Nursing and Health Sciences is conducting a search for the position of nursing clinical lecturer. The position will have clinical instruction responsibilities in the ASN and BSN programs, and lead lab and simulation experiences with students. Due to unprecedented opportunities and new funding, the nursing department is growing and adding new programs/program tracks. To address clinical and lab needs, the program is adding a nursing clinical adjunct faculty position. This is a 10-month non-tenure track contract. The contract is expected to begin August 1, 2023.
- Facilitate effective learning and critical thinking/reasoning during lab, simulation, and clinical while fostering a positive learning environment.
- Monitor student progress with evaluations and grade clinical paperwork as assigned. Provide positive and constructive feedback as needed
- Provide student remediation as appropriate to help with retention and progression
- Work with Lab Assistant and Nursing Clinical Coordinator / Lecturer to assist with open labs for student practice and remediation
- Assist with identifying new clinical sites and recruiting students
- Maintain on-campus office hours; prepare lab/simulation activities
- Service including department, school and college committees; including academic advisement and career counseling
- Travel as needed for clinical and professional development
- Perform other essential duties as requested by the School Chair/Dean
- Bachelors Degree in Nursing, and provide documentation of progress toward an earned graduate degree in nursing
Other Required Qualifications
- Must possess a current valid drivers license with acceptable driving record and pass a yearly Motor Vehicle Report review.
- Recent clinical experience
Additional Preferred Qualifications
- Recent work as a clinical instructional assistant (part-time clinical instructor)
Preferred Educational Qualifications
- Masters degree in nursing
- ACEN accredited program and accreditation process
Conditions of Employment
- Successful completion of background investigation and legal authorization to work in the US prior to employment
Offers of employment are contingent upon completion of background investigation including a criminal background check demonstrating your eligibility for employment with the College of Coastal Georgia, as determined by the College of Coastal Georgia in its sole discretion, confirmation of the credentials and employment history reflected in your application materials and, if applicable a satisfactory credit check, Applicants may be subject to a pre-employment drug test.
Offers are made expressly subject to the applicable federal and state laws, to the statues, rules and regulations of this college and to the Bylaws and Policies of the Board of Regents (BOR) of the University System of Georgia (USG), which are available for your inspection upon request.
- College of Coastal Georgia is a Tobacco and Smoke-Free Community
Equal Employment Opportunity
The College of Coastal Georgia provides equal opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, religion, age, veteran status, political affiliation, or disability. Individuals in need or reasonable accommodations under the American with Disabilities Act to participate in the search process should notify Human Resources at 912-279-5740.
The College of Coastal Georgia is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The College supports equal employment opportunities for all persons without regard to race, color, creed, ethnicity, sexual orientation, religion, gender, national origin, status as a war veteran, age, disability, or any other status protected by law.
Based on the University system of Georgia’s policy, official sealed transcripts must be provided upon offer and acceptance of all Faculty positions.
As a condition of employment individuals will be required to provide proof of identity and eligibility for employment in the United States. In addition, employment is contingent upon successfully passing a criminal background check.
How to apply
If you apply for this position or indicate an interest advise the HR person you saw this advertisements on jobs.world.edu