Johnson City, TN
Department: Office of the Dean, College of Nursing – 35000
Job Category: Faculty
East Tennessee State University, College of Nursing (CON) is seeking applicants for tenure track faculty positions beginning in January, May, July or August of 2020. PhD in Nursing is strongly preferred. Graduate and Undergraduate teaching opportunities are available, depending on qualifications. Faculty practice opportunities may be available through the College’s seven nurse-managed clinics. A Center for Nursing Research supports faculty and student scholarship.
The College of Nursing Graduate Programs include MSN, BSN–DNP, MSN–DNP, and PhD. Role preparations in MSN and DNP programs include family nurse practitioner, adult/gerontology primary care nurse practitioner, psychiatric/mental health nurse practitioner, nursing education, nursing administration, and executive leadership. Post-MSN and Post-DNP certificate programs are also offered. Undergraduate Programs include traditional BSN, Accelerated Traditional BSN, Accelerated Second Degree BSN, RN-BSN, RN-BSN Dual Degree, and LPN–BSN.
ETSU, serving over 14,500 students, is a Research Intensive university. The College of Nursing is part of the Academic Health Sciences Center which includes Colleges of Medicine, Pharmacy, Public Health, and Clinical and Rehabilitative Health Sciences.
ETSU is located in the heart of the southern Appalachian Mountains with beautiful rivers, mountain streams, and lakes. The region surrounding the university is home to thriving cities, historic towns, the birthplace of country music, the International Storytelling Center, and an extensive array of health care agencies and providers in both rural and urban environments.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- All applicants must demonstrate the ability to communicate effectively in written and spoken English and be eligible for RN licensure in Tennessee.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to contribute to a team environment are required.
- Priority will be given to those applicants that qualify for a tenure-track position.
- Advanced practice certification required for some teaching assignments.
- Doctorate in Nursing or a Doctorate in a related field with a Master’s Degree in Nursing (exceptional candidates completing their doctorate may be considered).
- Practice as a Registered Nurse required.
- Licensed or eligible RN Licensure in Tennessee required.
- PhD in Nursing is strongly preferred.
- Teaching experience and record of active, funded scholarship preferred.
- An interest or expertise in rural practice, vulnerable populations, and health disparities is preferred.
Salary: Commensurate with Rank
Posting Number: F00259P
Close Date: 09/30/2020
How to apply
The closing date is subject to change without notice to applicants.
Minority candidates are strongly encouraged to apply. Review of applicants begins immediately and continues until positions are filled. Rank is commensurate with experience and qualifications. An official transcript will be required upon hire. Employment is contingent upon satisfactory background check.
Some positions may be contingent upon meeting required minimum enrollments.
Should you not qualify for this position, please consider applying to our Full Time Faculty Non-Tenure Track posting F00258P.