Employment Type: Faculty
Pediatrics Occupational Therapy (497I)
School of Medicine
The University of New Mexico provides a comprehensive package of benefits including medical, dental, vision, and life insurance. In addition, UNM offers educational benefits through the tuition remission and dependent education programs. See the Benefits home page for more information.
Recent retirement of faculty members provides opportunities to join the Division of Occupational Therapy at the University of New Mexico. Applications are invited for this full-time position Open Rank position, offering a competitive salary and a supportive environment. Rank and tenure status will be commensurate with educational background and experience.
The UNM Occupational Therapy Graduate Program is an R-1 Institution located in the vibrant and culturally rich city of Albuquerque, which lies in the high desert ecosystem of central New Mexico. In addition to the world-renowned Albuquerque International Balloon Fiesta, Albuquerque boasts easy access to skiing, golfing and countless hiking and biking trails. The program emphasizes cultural richness with a diverse student body seeking to serve the rural communities of our state. The UNM Health Sciences Center offers opportunities for inter-professional education and collaborations with centers such as the Project ECHO® (Extension for Community Healthcare Outcomes), Memory and Aging Center, Clinical and Translational Sciences Center (CTSC), and the Brain and Behavioral Health Institute.
The Occupational Therapy Graduate Program is entering a new period of growth as approval was recently obtained to initiate a post professional occupational therapy doctorate degree in fall 2023. A 10-year re-accreditation was just received for the entry level MOT degree program through 2032/33.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Teaching in the MOT and ppOTD programs, developing courses
- Engaging in scholarly activity, grant writing, mentoring graduate students,
- Serving on program and university committees.
- Doctoral degree conferred by hire date
- One year of occupational therapy clinical experience
- Experience teaching at the university level
- Scholarly activity
- Eligibility for licensure as an occupational therapist in the state of New Mexico
- Research doctoral degree
- Significant teaching experience
- Experience with mentorship of graduate students
- Curriculum development
- Scholarly activity with at least one peer reviewed article and/or presentation
- Success in obtaining research and/or programmatic funding
- A demonstrated commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion, and student success, as well as working with broadly diverse communities
How to apply
Only applications submitted through the official UNMJobs site will be accepted. If you are viewing this job
advertisement on a 3rd party site, please visit UNMJobs to submit an application.
A complete application must contain a cover letter and CV. Three professional references will be requested when contacted for an interview. For additional information, you may contact Dr. Trish Siegel at
or Heidi Sanders at
For Best Consideration
For best consideration, please apply by 6/30/2023. This position will remain open until filled.
If you apply for this position or indicate an interest advise the HR person you saw this advertisements on jobs.world.edu