Las Vegas, NV
The College of Southern Nevada appreciates your interest in employment at our growing institution. We want your application process to go smoothly and quickly. We ask that you keep in mind the following when completing your application:
- Once you start the application process you cannot save your work. Please ensure you have all required attachment(s) available to complete your application before you begin the process.
- Required attachments are listed below on the posting. Your application will not be considered without the required attachments.
- Please note that applications must be submitted prior to the close of the recruitment. Once a recruitment has closed, applications will no longer be accepted.
If you are unable to attach the required documents to your online application or need assistance regarding the application process, please contact the Talent Acquisition team within Human Resources via email at [email protected] or call (702) 651-5800 to be directed to the appropriate Recruiter.
The Department First Year Experience is looking for student-centered, customer friendly part-time employees who are interested in becoming knowledgeable paraprofessionals as CSN Coyote Concierges. With oversight from the Coordinator or Orientation, the Coyote Concierges serve as representatives for Students First Stations providing valuable resources, assistance with the CSN application process, providing enrollment information and general inquiry assistance. Coyote Concierges assist and support prospective, new, and continuing CSN students during the critical transition process of the college adjustment period.
- Provide assistance, supervision, and operation of Students First Stations
- Demonstrates knowledge about and champion the First Steps (onboarding for new students) process with incoming students
- Assist students with understanding important MyCSN details such as To Do List, Communication Center, Declaration of major, Student Center
- Participates in structured outreach for various student success initiatives
- Act as a referral source throughout the academic year to support all students and student services areas at all three campuses.
- Guide students in accessing the many academic resources available at CSN and provide referrals
- May provide online student support through email outreach projects and responding to general academic and resource questions
- Administrative duties associated with the position include, but are not limited to, regular reporting of students first station data, upkeep of Students First Computer Stations, Coyote Q kiosk stations, and Orientation support
- Assist FYE Team with implementation of assessment plan throughout academic year
- Attend and participate in all required training workshops provided in student services and college transition.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must have an Associates degree completed or completing Associates Degree within the academic term hired.
- Ability to demonstrate a focus and practice on putting students first that translates in all responsibilities as a Coyote Concierge
- Demonstrate good communication and interpersonal skills, along with the ability to work with students from diverse backgrounds and skill levels.
- At least one year of customer service related experience.
- Demonstrate proficient computer skills.
- Ability to troubleshoot minor computer issues (e.g. sign-in, log-on, computer access issues)
- Perform duties in such a way as to foster a work atmosphere that promotes civility, courtesy, collegiality, collaboration, and overall excellent customer service.
- Ability to work 20 hours per week; may require work on weekends and evenings for CORE Orientation events as assigned.
- Ability to network with students in person; may be responsible for participation in Advising & Coaching Services Social Media communication/projects/events
- The ability to speak a second language (e.g., Spanish).
- Current or former CSN student or other community college experience
To be considered for this position all applicants must attach the following documents onto their application
- Cover Letter
Posting Close Date
The College of Southern Nevada (CSN) creates opportunities and changes lives through access to quality teaching, services, and experiences that enrich our diverse community. CSN has three main campuses in Las Vegas, North Las Vegas and Henderson and multiple sites and centers.
The Nevada System of Higher Education (NSHE) is committed to providing a place of work and learning free of discrimination on the basis of a persons age, disability, whether actual or perceived by others (including service-connected disabilities), gender (including pregnancy related conditions), military status or military obligations, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, national origin, race, or religion.
How to apply
Applicants should fully describe their qualifications and experience with specific reference to each of the minimum and preferred qualifications. The search committee will use this information during the initial review of application materials.
All document(s) must be received by 11:59 p.m. the day prior to the closing date posted on the job announcement.
This position may require that a criminal background check be conducted on the candidate(s) selected for hire.
As part of the hiring process, applicants for positions in the Nevada System of Higher Education may be required to demonstrate the ability to perform job-related tasks.
Schedules are subject to change based on organizational needs.
CSN is responsive to serving the educational needs of a diverse and ever-changing community. CSN employs only U.S. citizens and aliens authorized to work in the U.S. CSN does not sponsor aliens applying for faculty, professional staff, or management positions (H-1B Visas) in the absence of exceptional circumstances as defined by the USCIS.