Savannah Technical College seeks a full-time Political Science Instructor. This position is based at the Savannah Campus in Savannah, Ga, but may require regular travel to other Savannah Technical College campus locations. Typical responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
* Instructing students, developing program syllabi, goals and objectives;
* Evaluating students’ progress in attaining goals and objectives;
* Ensuring student learning outcomes are attained and appropriately recorded;
* Requesting and maintaining supplies and equipment;
* Maintaining program certification requirements, as appropriate;
* Preparing and maintaining all required documentation and administrative reports;
* Maintaining knowledge of current trends and developments in the field by attending staff development training, workshops, seminars and conferences;
* Ensuring safety and security requirements are met in the classroom;
* Providing academic advisement to students;
* Meeting with students, staff members, and other educators to discuss instructional programs and other issues impacting the progress of students;
Duties include a flexible schedule of lecture, student advisement and registration. Must be willing to work split teaching shifts that might require split teaching days between campus locations. May be required to manage and recruit adjuncts. Must fully embrace the responsibility for maintaining an acceptable number of students within this program and also work diligently to maximize student placements in this field or related fields by working directly with local employers and the Department of Labor.
- Master’s of Art or Masters of Science degree in Political Science; or a Master’s degree with 18 graduate semester hours of Political Science Courses from a regionally accredited institution.
- One year of full-time (or equivalent), paid teaching experience.
- Excellent human-relations, interpersonal skills, and strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated skills in usage of Microsoft Office Suite
- Preference will be given to those candidates who have been credentialed to teach, and have taught Political Science at a regionally accredited college/university level.
- Three years of full-time, paid teaching experience.
- Experience teaching high-school dual enrollment.
- Experience with Blackboard and Banner.
Salary is commensurate with education and work experience. Benefits include paid state holidays, annual, and sick leave, and the State of Georgia Flexible Benefits package.
How to apply
Position considered open until filled. Candidates must pass a criminal background check, fingerprint check, and reference check. Applicants must submit an electronic application through Team Georgia Careers, and attach cover letter and resume (incomplete submissions will not be considered). Please include your annual salary for each position held.
POSITION CONTINGENT UPON FUNDING AND ALLOCATION OF POSITION.
Note: No phone inquiries please. Due to the volume of applications received, we are unable to personally contact each applicant. If we are interested in scheduling an interview, a representative from our college will contact you.
All male applicants between the ages of 18 and 26 years of age must present proof of Selective Service Registration. Savannah Technical College is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, national or ethnic origin, gender, religion, disability, age, political affiliation or belief, genetic information, disabled veteran, veteran of the Vietnam Era, or citizenship status (except those special circumstances permitted or mandated by law). Invitation to Self-Identify For compliance activities, contact Connie Clark, Title IX and Equity Coordinator, Room A110 or (912) 443-5485, [email protected]. Send written correspondence to Savannah Technical College, Attn: Connie Clark, 5717 White Bluff Road, Savannah, GA 31405. STC is accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools to award the associate degree. Candidates may be required to submit a valid Driver’s License, proof of insurability, and/or a driver’s history report for positions involving state travel.
Minimum qualifications for this position will be determined by the teaching discipline and compliance with appropriate accrediting bodies. Faculty must be credentialed to satisfy all appropriate accrediting bodies for the course assigned.
If you apply for this position or indicate an interest advise the HR person you saw this advertisements on jobs.world.edu