Proposed Minimum Salary
College Station, Texas
Texas A&M University is committed to enriching the learning and working environment by promoting a culture that respects all perspectives, talents & identities. Embracing varying opinions and perspectives strengthens our core values which are: Respect, Excellence, Leadership, Loyalty, Integrity, and Selfless Service.
Who We Are
The Department of Biology at Texas A&M University is responsible for research and teaching within the vast disciplines of the biological sciences, from molecular cell biology to ecology and evolutionary biology. Our faculty perform cutting-edge research in a wide array of biological sciences in the laboratory and in the field. Our graduate research programs prepare scientists for careers in academia, industry and government and enhance our understanding of the central role of biological systems in the global environment. Our undergraduate students gain a firm foundation in modern biological sciences to prepare them for a multitude of careers that depend on a solid understanding of biology. To learn more, please visit us at https://www.bio.tamu.edu/.
What We Want
The Keene Lab studies the evolution of sleep loss in Mexican cavefish. The Postdoctoral Research Associate will perform behavioral analyses of cavefish under different experimental conditions and use newly developed transgenic fish to image the brains of cave fish. The selected candidate will also be responsible for maintaining accurate research documentation, training graduate and undergraduate students, and completing routine lab maintenance. If the description sounds exciting to you, we invite you to apply to be considered for this opportunity.
What You Need to Know
Salary: Salary will be commensurate based on the selected candidate’s experience.
Required Education and Experience:
- Appropriate PhD
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Experience in quantitative behavioral analysis
- Experience working with animal behavior
Preferred Education and Experience:
- PhD in Biology, or Biomedical science related field
- Experience in behavioral neuroscience, evolution, and behavioral ecology
- Experience in sleep loss utilizing cavefish as a model species
- Experience with transgenic fish
Preferred Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Strong organization skills
- Research Experiments: Performing research experiments related to genetic behavioral analysis.
- Documentation: Maintaining an accurate laboratory notebook, writing manuscripts, presenting findings, and contributing to grant proposals.
- Training:Training graduate and undergraduate students
- Lab Maintenance: Maintaining research drosophila colonies. Purchasing and maintenance of research supplies and equipment, as well as performing other duties as assigned.
How to apply
Applications received by Texas A&M University , must either have all job application data entered or a resume attached. Failure to provide all job application data or a complete resume could result in an invalid submission and a rejected application. We encourage all applicants to upload a resume or use a LinkedIn profile to pre-populate the online application.
All positions are security-sensitive. Applicants are subject to a criminal history investigation, and employment is contingent upon the institution’s verification of credentials and/or other information required by the institution’s procedures, including the completion of the criminal history check.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer committed to diversity.
If you apply for this position or indicate an interest advise the HR person you saw this advertisements on jobs.world.edu