Department: College of Humanities and Sciences
Type: Full-time Faculty
Position Available Date: N/A
The University of Mary Hardin-Baylor’s College of Humanities and Sciences is seeking to fill a full-time, non-tenure-track faculty post-doctoral teaching position in English, for the academic year 2023- 2024, beginning in late July of 2023. UMHB seeks faculty who are active Christians and dedicated teacher-scholars to prepare students for leadership, service, and faith-informed discernment in a global society.
The Department of English promotes the knowledge and appreciation of literature, introduces basic concepts of rhetoric and argumentation, and helps students across the university master effective writing principles.
UMHB is conveniently located in Belton, an historic town of 22,000 in the heart of central Texas. Nearby cities are Temple (7 miles), Waco (42 miles), Austin (60 miles), San Antonio (130 miles) and Dallas/Ft. Worth (130 miles). Excellent schools, abundant cultural and recreational opportunities, and a high quality of life are hallmarks of the local community.
Postdoctoral Teaching Instructor Responsibilities:
- Teach classes.
- Courses will primarily be first-year composition (FYC) and general education literature courses.
- Upper-level courses in the major and minor are contingent on departmental need for the given term.
- Develop course materials.
- Manage assigned administrative duties.
- Engage with a faith-based community of colleagues, staff, and students.
This position prioritizes development as an innovative and competent teacher. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to work with experienced faculty, studying and developing effective pedagogies for their own teaching.
- A completed doctoral degree in English or a closely related field is required. ABD will be considered if the terminal degree is in hand by July 24, 2023.
- Candidate must show strong potential for or evidence of teaching FYC courses as well as sophomore-level literature.
- Special consideration will be given to candidates with additional backgrounds in teaching online or hybrid FYC and literature courses.
- Excellent teaching and communication skills, a dedication to professional attainment, and commitment to quality improvement are essential.
- Must be an active, committed Christian.
Salaries and Benefits:
Competitive salary commensurate with experience, excellent benefits including medical and dental insurance, retirement plan with match and UMHB tuition benefits for employees and their dependents.
How to apply
For consideration, please submit a cover letter, resume and three references.
Application deadline: Applications will be accepted until the position is filled
Hofstra University is an equal opportunity employer, committed to fostering diversity in its faculty, administrative staff and student body, and encourages applications from the entire spectrum of a diverse community.
If you apply for this position or indicate an interest advise the HR person you saw this advertisements on jobs.world.edu