Salary: $17.00 – $19.06 Hourly
Location: Main Campus – Toms River, NJ
Job Type: On-Call
Division: Academic Affairs
Job Number: 202300079
Closing: 4/13/2023 11:59 PM Eastern
This position provides tutorial assistance to students remotely online and/or onsite, in a variety of subject areas (writing, math, or science) and, in collaboration with other department staff, ensures that the appropriate level of service is provided to students.
Casual Duration: As Needed
What You Will Do
1. Provides students with Face-to-Face and virtual tutorial assistance in the content area identified in the posting; develops resources, conducts class visits, creates and facilitates workshops as requested.
2. Maintains records of each tutoring session and updates the database for accuracy; provides written and excel reports regarding activities as assigned.
3. Meets regularly with designated management in Tutoring Center to ensure the appropriate level of services are offered; documents and reports student or personnel issues to designated management in a timely manner.
4. Assists in training and mentoring new professional and peer tutors.
5. Attends training and professional development sessions as required and maintains competency in training materials provided by the Tutoring Center and other College staff.
6. Maintains appropriate competency in content area(s) as well as maintaining computer literacy and technology skills.
7. Helps monitor equipment (hardware & software); documents and reports issues to designated management in a timely manner.
8. Answer phones, greets, and assists visitors, and performs routine clerical tasks.
9. Related projects and initiatives as assigned.
The Successful Candidate Must Have
1. Ability to tutor at the 200-course level or above. Submission of unofficial transcripts are required.
2. Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite; prior database or instructional technology experience preferred
3. Self-motivated and directed with the ability to work a combination of remote and/or onsite face-to-face tutoring sessions as assigned.
- $19.06/ hour: Bachelors degree in directly related field of tutoring discipline assigned and one year of teaching or tutoring experience.
- $17.00/ hour: Associates degree or sixty (60) college credits in directly related field of tutoring discipline assigned and six (6) months teaching or tutoring experience.
Even Better If You Have
1. Master’s Degree
2. Prior experience using student database systems such as Colleague
3. Demonstrated experience working with underserved populations
4. TEFL or TESOL Certification
5. Bilingual or Multilingual
Ocean County College is an EEO/AA/ADA employer.