NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Location: San Antonio, TX
Job ID: 9430
Full/Part Time: Full Time
Org Marketing Statement
The University of Texas at San Antonio is a Hispanic Serving University specializing in cyber, health, fundamental futures, and social-economic development. With more than 34,000 students, it is the largest university in the San Antonio metropolitan region. UTSA advances knowledge through research and discovery, teaching and learning, community engagement and public service. The university embraces multicultural traditions and serves as a center for intellectual and creative resources as well as a catalyst for socioeconomic development and the commercialization of intellectual property-for Texas, the nation and the world. Learn more online, on USTA Today or on TwitterInstagram, Facebook, YouTube or Li nkedIn.
UTSA, situated in a global city that has been a crossroads of peoples and cultures for centuries, values diversity and inclusion in all aspects of university life. As an institution expressly founded to advance the education of Mexican Americans and other underserved communities, our university is committed to ending generations of discrimination and inequity. UTSA, a premier public research university, fosters academic excellence through a community of dialogue, discovery and innovation that embraces the uniqueness of each voice.
Posting End Date
Applications will be accepted through 11:59 PM CDT on 05/29/2023. At the discretion of the hiring department, this position posting may close once a sufficient number of qualified applications have been received.
Salary Range: $65,000 – $75,000/based on a 9 month contract
Hours per Week
Exempt Position: 40 / 4 courses in Fall and 4 courses in Spring.
Required Application Materials
- Resume/Curriculum Vitae
- Names and Contact Information for 3 Professional References
- Statement of Teaching Philosophy (2 pages max)
- Teach and coordinate large in-person / online courses integral to the undergraduate and graduate curricula in Mechanical Engineering, including, but not limited to: EGR 2323 Applied Engineering Analysis I, ME 3293 Thermodynamics I, ME 3663 Fluid Mechanics, ME 4312 Thermal and Fluids Laboratory, ME 4593 Alternative Energy Sources, ME 3113 Measurements and Instrumentation, ME 2173 Numerical Methods, ME 6013 Advanced Engineering Analysis, etc.
- Provide service to the department in the role of Undergraduate Advisor of Record, serve on the ABET Committee, Undergraduate Curriculum Committee, Ph.D. Qualifying Exam Committee, and other committees as needed.
- Provide career advice and mentoring to mechanical engineering undergraduate students.
- Actively participate in grant proposal writing and execution of educational projects that will lead to the improvement of teaching practices, curricula in the department, and laboratory facilities for teaching.
- Supervise and mentor Adjunct Faculty who may be hired to teach undergraduate courses without previous experience.
- Ph.D. in Mechanical Engineering, Engineering Sciences, or equivalent or related are required.
- Have professional and/or postdoctoral experience in a subfield of study aligned with Mechanical Engineering.
- Be willing to collaborate with other faculty members and undergraduate/graduate students in grant proposal writing for funding research projects.
- 4-5 years of teaching experience in higher education.
- Have at least 5 years of proven experience in writing, publishing, and reviewing scientific-journal-quality publications.
On Campus: Primary work location will be on campus. Travel and parking expenses are the employee’s responsibility.
- Anticipated hire date is Fall 2023.
- UTSA is a tobacco free campus.
- This is a security sensitive position. Employment is contingent upon a successful background check.
- Applicants selected must be able to show proof of eligibility to work in the United States by time of hire.
As an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer, it is the policy of The University of Texas at San Antonio to promote and ensure equal employment opportunity for all individuals regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or genetic information, and veteran status. The University is committed to the Affirmative Action Program in compliance with all government requirements to ensure nondiscrimination. Women, minorities, people with disabilities and veterans are encouraged to apply. UTSA campuses are accessible to persons with disabilities.
How to apply
To view the full job posting and apply for this position, go to
Apply for this Job