Surrey International Institute, located on DUFE campus, is an academic partnership between University of Surrey in the United Kingdom and Dongbei University of Finance & Economics (DUFE) in Dalian, China. Along with other distinguished specializations, its growing Accounting and Finance Programme has an established international reputation.
Dongbei University of Finance & Economics (DUFE), founded in 1952, is one of the leading universities in China in the areas of finance, economics, management and tourism.While the role, as part of a highly international team of fellow academics, is to teach University of Surrey programmes at Surrey International Institute, the appointment will be made by Dongbei University of Finance & Economics (DUFE).
The role will be required to teach accounting and finance related modules (such as UK Taxation and/or Auditing) in the BSc Accounting and Finance programme of University of Surrey delivered at its SII campus in Dalian, China.
- While a PhD in a relevant area will be preferred, a relevant masters degree with substantial industry experience will also be considered.
- Ability to deliver lectures and explain complicated concepts in English.
- Proven experience and capability to deliver high quality teaching.
- Demonstrated specialist knowledge in the cognate area.
- Professional qualification (e.g. ACCA) is desirable.
- In brief, ideal candidate will have proven university qualifications and teaching and research skills/accomplishments, along with relevant professional experience.
- Contributing to the development of the taught courses across our undergraduate or postgraduate programmes and the delivery of a qualified student learning experience;
- Engaging in course design and management, curriculum review and new course validation processes;
- Participating in and supporting the accreditation journey of the school, providing teaching, learning and administrative support to the school as a member of Accounting and Finance Department;
- Undertaking any other duties within the scope of the post as may be requested by the Director.
- Standard Salary Ranges span is £30,000 – £60,100 depending on qualifications and experience.
- Applicants not fully meeting all criteria or completing PhDs may still be considered for posts, though on agreed salaries and conditions.
- The salary offered will be commensurate with the candidate’s qualifications and experience, but will compare favourably with leading Chinese Universities.
- Expatriate benefits will be available to eligible applicants, such as accommodation allowance, a relocation allowance, medical insurance and paid leave.
- All academic faculties are engaged in research activities and provide research funds for fieldwork, conference attendance and rewards for publications in academic journals.
How to apply
To apply, please send your CV, a brief covering letter, the main page of your passport and two reference letters of former employers to [email protected].
Only the applicants who meet the selection criteria will receive a reply from us.
Applications will be processed on receipt until the posts are filled.
For further questions on the advertised positions, please contact:
Ms. Wang Linfei (Nina)
Surrey International Institute (SII)
Dongbei University of Finance and Economics (DUFE)