Majuro, Marshall Islands
The Liberal Arts Department of the College of the Marshall Islands, a community college located on Majuro Atoll in the Marshall Islands, invites applications for a full-time Social Sciences Instructor beginning August 2021. The successful candidate will teach a variety of courses in the Humanities, including Sociology. and Geography Other responsibilities will include departmental, and college services, academic advising, and outcomes assessment.
Essential Function 1: Teaching a minimum of 15 credits per semester:
• Writing syllabi and lesson plans:
• Teaching online in Moodle• Conducting courses according to the scheduled time.
• Teaching to the required outcomes.
• Evaluating students’ works.
• Assessing student outcomes
Essential Function 2. Designing, implementing and helping with faculty mentoring for professional development:
• Participating in faculty in-service and orientation meetings.
• Sharing teaching strategies with colleagues.
Essential Function 3. Student advising:
• Being available to advise students during the registration and early registration periods:
• Aiding assigned students in selecting the correct courses to meet their goals at CMI, for transfer, and for their careers.
• Assisting graduating students in understanding their options for career and transfer.
Essential Function 4. Participation in on-going assessment and alignment of courses, programs, and services:
• Assessing outcomes for one SLO per course per semester.
• Participating in the writing of the Liberal Arts Program Review and Program Review Report.
• Reviewing outlines in areas of expertise and revising as necessary.
Essential Function 5. Providing services in support of ongoing advancement of the Liberal Arts program and the institution as a whole:
• Participate in service committees.
• Attend required departmental and Dean with faculty meetings.