Employment Type: Faculty
Adjunct faculty may be eligible to receive certain UNM benefits in some cases. See the Benefits home page for more information.
Job Posting for Temporary/Part-Time Adjunct Faculty in Science
UNM Gallup Campus anticipates hiring Adjunct Faculty to teach in the Fall 2020 and Spring 2021 semesters in the Math, Physical and Natural Sciences Division to teach and/or develop Lower Division Courses (100-200 Level).
Anticipated openings, potentially include the following subjects:
- Environmental Science
- Natural Science
PLEASE NOTE: This position is for the UNM-Gallup Branch, located in Gallup, NM, approximately 130 miles west of Albuquerque, NM.
UNM-Gallup is a two-year branch campus of the University of New Mexico located approximately 130 miles west of Albuquerque. The University of New Mexico established branch colleges to provide the highest quality of education for students pursuing post-secondary education at different locations throughout the state. Branch colleges respond specifically to the unique needs and multicultural backgrounds of their respective communities by offering community education programs, career and technical education including certificate and associate degree programs, and transfer programs that prepare students for upper division entry into colleges and universities.
The Math, Physical and Natural Sciences Division at UNM Gallup Branch is seeking qualified temporary part-time faculty members to teach lower division classes in various courses or topics as specified above. UNM-Gallup instructors are responsible for all aspects of any class they are teaching including but not limited to meeting with the class during assigned times that may include online, evenings and/or weekends, content delivery, assignment development, grading assignments, reporting of grades, and assessment of student learning as outlined by the department chair.
Positions are contingent upon need each semester as determined by student enrollment levels, current course offering matrix, and demand driven by graduation requirements. Positions may be filled or eliminated each semester up to the deadline for students to drop or add courses. Candidates who are selected for these positions will report to the Division Chair.
Best Consideration Dates please apply by this date:
July 31, 2020 for Fall Semester 2020
September 30, 2020 for Spring Semester 2021
- Master’s Degree in the discipline or subfield for which you are applying; OR
- A master’s degree or higher in a discipline other than that for which you are applying, and successful completion of at least 18 graduate credit hours in an accredited program in the discipline or subfield for which you are applying.
- Successful teaching experience in a post-secondary institution
- A demonstrated commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion, and student success, as well as working with broadly diverse communities.
How to apply
To apply, please submit the following materials:
- Curriculum Vitae
- Transcript(s) sufficient to assess Minimum Qualifications
- Cover Letter indicating which courses and/or disciplines you are interested in teaching; the days/times you are available to teach; and how your education and experience satisfies the Minimum Qualifications criteria
- Three (3) professional references who can speak directly to your relevant knowledge, skills and experience.
Applicants who are appointed to a UNM faculty position are required to provide an official certification of successful completion of all degree requirements prior to their initial employment with UNM.
For Best Consideration
This posting will remain active until 3/31/2021. Anyone who applies for a position under this posting will automatically be considered for openings in subsequent semesters unless they indicate in their cover letter that they are not interested in teaching in specific semesters.