Department: History and Political Science Department
Location: Williamsburg, Kentucky, United States
Type: Full time
Job Code: Faculty
Located in Williamsburg, Kentucky, University of the Cumberlands (UC) is an institute of regional distinction that currently offers associates, bachelors, masters, and doctorate degrees in over 50 areas of study. The University is a faith-based institution that welcomes students from all backgrounds. Its mission is to offer high quality academic programs that empower its graduates to ‘seek a life-more-abundant’.
University of the Cumberlands History and Political Science Department invites applications for a full-time position in United States History at the Williamsburg, Kentucky campus. This position begins January 2, 2021.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Carries a 4/4 teaching load, with 3 sections of the general US History taught each term;
- Serves as an academic advisor for assigned history majors;
- Serves on select university committees;
- Collaborates with department faculty for department and university-sponsored history specific events;
- Maintain regular communication with students through office hours and email;
- Participates in department and university assessment processes; and
- Other duties as assigned.
Applicants can be in any specialty field in United States History, but special attention will be given to modern constitutional, economic, and/or religious history. A terminal degree upon the start of employment is required. Evidence of a strong teaching record is desirable. Although publications are not required, applicants are expected to continue their professional development.