Fitchburg State University, located in Fitchburg, Massachusetts, is a public institution dedicated to integrating high-quality professional programs with strong liberal arts and sciences studies. Founded in 1894, the university now has more than 30 undergraduate programs and 22 master’s degree programs, and 7,000 full and part-time students. We invite you to learn more about us and how we can help you achieve your educational goals.
The Upward Bound Math & Science Virtual Academy Instructors will conduct small group workshops designed to support local high school students preparing for STEM related post-secondary education. Instructors will develop and implement curriculum, integrating critical thinking and developing academic competence. Instructors will report to the Education Coordinator.
- Work closely with the Education Coordinator to plan, develop, and implement curriculum and supporting educational field trips.
- Attend all scheduled staff meetings and development programs.
- Keep records of attendance, student progress, and session evaluations.
- Evaluate student progress and maintain reporting records.
- Serve as a mentor with assigned participants.
- Bachelor’s degree in education or related field in the content area.
- Previous experience with underserved populations and/or educational opportunity programs.
- Must pass a CORI, and FSU driver verification (if applicable).
- Master’s degree and/or teacher certification preferred.
Shift Information: This is a part time, non-benefited position. Tuesday’s, 3:30pm – 5:30pm
Salary – $25 per hour
How to apply
Please attach a cover letter and resume along with your application