Salary: Compensation will be commensurate with experience including a competitive base salary, bonus opportunity, and competitive benefits package.
Application Due: Open Until Filled
Vice President for Finance and Administration / Chief Financial Officer
Coastal Carolina University is a public comprehensive liberal arts institution located in Conway, South Carolina, just nine miles from the Atlantic coastal resort city of Myrtle Beach. Coastal Carolina University enrolls over 10,000 students from 45 states and 58 nations. The University is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools to award the baccalaureate and selective master’s degrees of national and/or regional significance in the arts and sciences, business, humanities, education, and health and human services, a specialist degree in educational leadership, and PhD degrees in marine science and education.
For more information, please visit www.coastal.edu.
This position will report directly to the President of Coastal Carolina University.
The Vice President for Finance and Administration/Chief Financial Officer provides operational and programmatic support to the organization. The Vice President supervises the financial services, budget, auxiliary enterprises, facilities planning and management, and procurement services while also serving as the chief financial spokesperson for the organization. The CFO reports directly to the President and advises senior leadership on all strategic and tactical matters related to budget management, cost-benefit analysis, forecasting needs, and the securing of new funding.
Specific duties will include, but not necessarily be limited to:
· Supervises the university’s controller, including management and establishment and implementing goals, policies, and procedures relating to financial reporting, student receivables, payables, and payroll.
· Effectively supervise a team to maintain compliance with federal and state laws related to general accounting, not-for-profit accounting, and financial reporting processes.
· Supervises the budget, including responsibility for all university budget development external reporting to the state and related financial matters.
· Timely and accurate completion of budget process and submission to appropriate entities.
· Supervise all asset management functions; actively facilitates institutional funding opportunities and is responsible for related financial matters.· Assures proper accounting and reporting of all university assets.
· Directs fiscal management activities; ensures proper internal controls for all reporting areas.
· Responsible for overseeing the coordination process with external auditors.
· Implements and maintains best practice and industry standard fiscal controls.
· Approves agency budgetary adjustments and new personnel position requests and monitors agency patterns of expenditure.
· Establishes and maintains fiscal controls for university resources and produces timely, periodic reporting to board and executive leadership.
· Models, promotes, and ensures exceptional customer service delivery to all constituents, including but not limited to faculty, staff, students, visitors, and the community at large.
· Handles all constituent needs in a professional, timely, and positive manner; ensures customer service issues are addressed timely and effectively; addresses related personnel matters; identifies practices supporting friendlier, more accessible, and faster service delivery.
· Recommends and assists in developing and implementing agency policies and procedures related to the areas of financial management.
· Follows current policies and procedures; proposes new policies and procedures or changes to existing policies and procedures when efficiency and effectiveness can be increased.
· Supervises the auxiliary enterprises, facilities planning and management, and procurement services areas of the University to ensure consistency in practice and work to streamline operations.
· Effectively ensures consistency and streamlining of processes.
· Performs special projects and other assignments satisfactorily.
· Performs other duties as assigned.
· Knowledge of the principles, practices, and theories of accounting and financial management.
· Knowledge of state and federal laws related to purchasing and accounts payable, payroll, contract and grant accounting, receivables, university operating budget, and financial accounting and reporting.
· Familiarity with both GASB and FASB accounting standards.
· Knowledge of spreadsheets, word processing, and other software, as well as administrative systems software.
· Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships and communicate effectively.
· Ability to analyze and interpret complex financial reports.
· At least three years of experience in leadership/management within higher education finance; eight years of experience in accounting and finance within education, government, medical, or related fields.
· Must have excellent interpersonal, customer service, and communication skills; limited overnight travel for professional development.
· A master’s degree in business administration or CPA.
Compensation will be commensurate with experience including a competitive base salary, bonus opportunity, and competitive benefits package.
How to apply
Nominations should include the nominee’s full name, position, institution/organization, and email address. Applications should consist of the following documents, to be submitted electronically in .pdf format: 1) a detailed letter of interest addressing the leadership agenda and qualifications as outlined in this profile; 2) a full resume/curriculum vitae with relevant administrative responsibilities and accomplishments; 3) a one- to two-page Statement of Contributions to Advance Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion; and 4) a list of five professional references, including names, phone numbers, and email addresses, noting the candidate’s relationship for each reference. References will not be contacted until later in the search process and only with the candidate’s permission.
To make a nomination, provide a referral, or for additional information, please use the contact information below. To apply, submit the four application documents described above to:
Coleman Lew Canny Bowen
6101 Carnegie Blvd., Suite 300, Charlotte, NC 28209 Chris Shade, Consultant
Coastal Carolina University is committed to fostering an environment that embraces diversity, equity, and inclusion. The University provides equal opportunity without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, religion, national or ethnic origin, veteran status, or disability in admissions, employment, and in all of its educational programs and activities. We encourage individuals from underrepresented groups to apply.
Coastal Carolina University is an EO/AA employer.
If you apply for this position or indicate an interest advise the HR person you saw this advertisements on jobs.world.edu