San Angelo, TX
The Department of Visual and Performing Arts at Angelo State University seeks a dynamic instructor to join an established and growing theatre program as a Visiting Instructor of Theatre beginning Fall 2020.
Successful candidates should have a demonstrated record of teaching excellence, an active career in theatre performance and the ability to direct university-level dramatic productions.
Typical Duties/Job Duties
Teach Stagecraft I, Fundamentals of Theatre Design, Stage Lighting, Practicum I-IV, and other related courses assigned by the Director of Theatre and department chair, designing in a season of five main stage productions alongside a team of professional educators and designers and students; teaching and mentoring undergraduate designers. Expectation for instructor to attend theatre student recruiting events.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- The successful applicant will possess strong communication and organizational skills and a desire to develop innovative learning experiences.
- Candidates should be dedicated to excellence in teaching, with a strong commitment to high professional standards, both in and outside the classroom.
- Knowledge of theatre tools and equipment, tool and equipment maintenance and replacement; ensuring safety in all technical activities, and a willingness to work with a diverse undergraduate student population.
- A demonstrated expertise in scenic or lighting design, with a secondary design area specialization. Experience in projection design and sound design is also welcome.
- M.A. in Theatre
- MFA in Theatre with demonstrated design and production experience outside the academy.
How to apply
Angelo State University is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to promoting and ensuring equal employment opportunity for all individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, disability, or veteran status. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), Angelo State University is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to ensure equal access to employment opportunities for qualified individuals with disabilities. We are committed to ensuring that a qualified individual with a disability has the same rights and privileges in employment as non-disabled employees. If an accommodation is requested for the job application process, please contact our office at (325) 942-2168 or email us at [email protected].