NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Requisition Number: 1800869
Purdue University is seeking an enthusiastic student affairs and learning professional to join the Academic Success Center team in supporting students and their academic goals. The specific Assistant Director opening is charged with organizing and developing the Academic Success Center’s various success strategy services (lead our academic consultation process; facilitate workshops; provide outreach to students and campus partners; supervise and mentor front desk student assistants; and engage with students in 1-on-1 and group settings). Additionally, this position will work with the team to assist in general responsibilities of the Academic Success Center, which may include teaching a 1-credit study skills course, supporting the efforts of the Supplemental Instruction and Peer Success Coaching programs, and directing collateral projects for Academic Success Center graduate assistants.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- One year experience (will consider two years’ in undergraduate or graduate student work) in areas of advising, teaching, coaching, and/or other forms of academic assistance, student support, and program development.
- Excellent verbal/written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to facilitate student learning in individual, small group and classroom settings.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Understanding of and appreciation for inclusion, including the ability to work with students, faculty, and staff from diverse backgrounds and identities.
- Ability to work some nights and weekends that are occasionally required by the nature of our programs and services.
- Master’s degree in higher education administration, college student affairs, counseling, education or other relevant discipline.
- Prior training/certification in Supplemental Instruction, academic coaching/mentoring, and/or tutoring.
- Experience working in a higher education setting.
How to apply
- A cover letter is required in order to be given full consideration for the position, and should specifically address your interest in and fit for the position within the Academic Success team.
- A background check will be required for employment in this position.
- FLSA: Exempt (Not Eligible For Overtime).
- Retirement Eligibility: Defined Contribution Waiting Period.
- Purdue University is an EOE/AA employer. All individuals, including minorities, women, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.