The School of Education in the College of Education and Psychology at The University of Texas at Tyler invites applications for one tenure-track Assistant Professor of Special Education position available in the 2015-2016 academic year.
Earned doctorate in Special Education. Candidates should provide evidence of a strong record of scholarship as well as commitment to excellence in teaching and mentoring. Candidates should have a minimum of 5 years teaching experience in K-12 classrooms and have teaching certification in special education.
Preference will be given to candidates with a strong record of research and teaching experience. Preferred qualities also include online teaching experience and experience working with diverse populations.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
1. teach undergraduate courses in special education and general education; graduate courses in special education courses on a limited basis;
2. maintain a strong record of scholarship and pursue external funding;
3. participate collaboratively in program, department, college and university governance;
4. collaborate with local educators and leaders in K-12 partnerships-specifically the UT Tyler open charter school (The UT Tyler Innovation Academy);
5. provide service to the university and profession.
Salary: The salary is competitive, commensurate with qualifications and experience.
For additional information or questions about the position, contact Dr. Frank Dykes, Associate Professor of Special Education at f[email protected]
How to apply
Candidates should electronically submit:
- a letter of interest regarding the position;
- curriculum vita;
- transcripts (unofficial copies will be accepted; official copies will be needed if an offer is extended);
- copies of recent publications
The successful applicant must be able to demonstrate eligibility to work in the United States. This position is security-sensitive and subject to Texas Education Code Section 51.215, which authorizes the employer to obtain criminal history record information. Women and minorities are strongly encouraged to apply. The University of Texas at Tyler is an Equal Opportunity Employer.