Elizabeth City, NC
Position Number: 6086-0000-0000-534
Division: Academic Affairs
Department/Unit: Department of Education, Psychology, & Health
Section: Health & Physical Education
Primary Purpose of Organizational Unit
The Division of Academic Affairs provides leadership in developing and maintaining quality academic programs and support services that contribute to the achievement of the university’s mission. The division strives to be recognized as a student-centered university with emphasis on excellence in teaching, learning, and scholarly activities; commitment to total student development; and outstanding service and engagement with local, regional, national and global communities.
Description of Work
Multiple positions may be filled from this posting.
The primary purpose of the position is to teach courses in the Sport Management curriculum in both face-to-face and on-line environments; supervise practicum experiences and/or internships; maintain scholarly productivity; and provide service to the university, community, and profession.
Competencies/Knowledge Skills, and Abilities Required in this Position
- Possess a Ph.D. in Sport Administration/ Sport Management or related field.
- Membership in relevant state and national professional societies.
- Possess experience or potential in grant writing and scholarly productivity is preferred.
- Possess a commitment to excellence in teaching and service and the ability to use technology in teaching and learning.
- Demonstrate a commitment to excellence in student learning and be able to promote students’ ability to succeed in a multicultural global community.
- Demonstrate a commitment to excellence in teaching and advising and mentoring undergraduate students.
- Possess the ability to communicate effectively in speaking and writing, work collaboratively, knowledgeable of problem-based learning, and experience in gathering and utilizing electronic data for student growth and program improvement.
Minimum Training and Experience
A Doctorate degree is required.
Position Category: Faculty
Position Status: Permanent Full Time
Posting Number: EHRA00076P
Job Close Date: 04/05/2019
Open Until Filled: No
Special Instructions to Applicant
Possess a Ph.D. in Sport Administration/ Sport Management or related field.
How to apply
EHRA OSHR Statement:
This position is Exempt from the State Human Resources Act.
Elizabeth City State University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. The University does not discriminate in access to its educational programs and activities, or with respect to hiring or the terms and conditions of employment, on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity and expression, political affiliation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information or sexual orientation.
Background Check Statement
Any offer of employment to a successful candidate will be conditioned upon the University’s receipt of a satisfactory criminal background report.
Eligibility for Employment
Proper documentation of identity and eligibility for employment will be required before the hiring process can be completed. ECSU is an E-Verify participant.