The Division of Neurology at East Carolina University seeks neurologist to perform the following duties:
- evaluation and manage neurology patients in our ambulatory office;
- subspecialty areas of epilepsy, movement disorders and headache are our primary focus;
- actively participate in the inpatient neurology service of the practice at Vidant Medical Center; this involves rounding on patients on the inpatient service, attending to neurology consultations from the medical staff and regional hospitals; being on call for night and weekend duty (currently one in eight);
- actively participate in departmental and hospital meetings;
- cooperate with other neurologists in the care of patients in the region;
- participate in the teaching programs at the Brody School of Medicine.
This is a flexible position which allows for participation in other academic, research and clinical pursuits. The Division is actively involved in the training of medical students and resident. The successful candidate will join our academic group in a tenure track or fixed-term appointment at the rank/title of Assistant Professor or higher, commensurate with qualifications.
MD or DO from an appropriately accredited institution along with being BE/BC by the American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology are required.
Full time or Part time: Full Time
Position Location (city): Greenville
Position Number: 002342
Organizational Unit Overview:
The Department of Medicine is a very complex organization. Our specialties include allergy, dermatology, endocrinology, gastroenterology, general internal medicine, hematology, immunology, infectious disease, nephrology, neurology, oncology, pulmonary medicine and rheumatology. Administration of the department provides a management structure that coordinates and supports the activities of a large, complex and heterogeneous organization. The Department of Medicine is a primary contributor to the mission of East Carolina University School of Medicine, which is to provide health care for the citizens of eastern North Carolina, educate primary care physicians to meet the health care needs and to make medical education available to minority and disadvantaged people.
The Division of Neurology has 8 adult neurologists and 2 pediatric neurologists. Our clinical practice offers a variety of services, including MRI, in a relaxed, comfortable setting with 24,000 square fee of office, consultation and treatment areas.
How to apply
Candidates should submit a cover letter, curriculum vitae/resume, and a list of three references, including contact information, online.