Faculty members are responsible for providing effective instruction in Emergency Medical Services. By using various learning methodologies that support a learning by doing philosophy, curriculum is taught to second language learners within a student-centric learning environment that fosters respect for students, their culture, and traditions. Faculty members play an important role in assisting with the development and preservation of system-wide and directorate-specific policies and are viewed as active participants in academic and extra-curricular events at the College and within the community.
- Master’s Degree in Paramedic Sciences / Emergency Medical Services or other relevant and equivalent discipline (Doctorate preferred)
- Minimum of 3 years of Health Sciences teaching/training experience in the area of Paramedic Sciences or Emergency Medical Services (EMS) which may include teaching/training experiences in related disciplines within a relevant educational/clinical setting
- At least 3 years of work experience as a Paramedic or Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) which may include relevant experience in related disciplines (Advanced Practice and/or Trauma/Emergency Department/ Intensive Care Nursing)
- Current registration as a practicing EMT according to international standard in country of origin
- Current knowledge of industry practices, trends, and issues (specific knowledge of health care services and related education programs in the Middle East would be particularly advantageous)
- Overseas teaching/training experience to non-native English speakers is desirable
How to apply
The Higher Colleges of Technology is committed to the recruitment and development of UAE Nationals. We encourage applications from Emirati candidates who can contribute to the HCT’s mission.