Department: EXTENDED SERVICE AND CONTINUING EDUCATION
Number of hours per week: 37.5
Months per year: Fiscal (12 months)
Campus: Avon Williams
Position Number: 102130
Advertised Salary: $43,221-$52,520
Pay Basis: Monthly
Overseeing and directing distance education programs and course development for the University, to include online, hybrid and web-enhanced courses.
Characteristic Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Develops faculty training models for all distance education delivery.
2. Develops and maintains TSU student online orientation modules.
3. Conducts training workshops for faculty to prepare them to create online and web-enhanced courses for the TSU Distance Education and assist faculty developing TN eCampus courses; reviews and makes recommendation for approval for all proposals for online and hybrid courses.
4. Serves as one of the University’s Learning Management System (LMS) administrators;
5. Serves as the liaison between the academic departments and TN eCampus;
6. Assists with the planning of distance education courses;
7. Establishes standards and policies for distance education course development.
8. Coordinates technical support for faculty teaching online, hybrid and web-enhanced courses.
9. Serves on various University and TN eCampus committees as needed.
10. Assist faculty in ensuring that all web-content (i.e., videos, course materials, graphics) are properly developed and posted according to current ADA and Section 508 guidelines.
11. Establishes evaluation criteria for distance education courses, faculty and delivery systems; oversees distance education website.
12. Performs other related duties as assigned or requested.
Minimum Qualifications: Requires a Master’s Degree in an appropriate field of study (i.e., Educational Technology, Instructional Design, Instructional Technology) and a minimum of two years of direct experience with distance learning programs and instructional design and training.
Demonstrated ability in creating and teaching online courses; skills in the administration of a Learning Management System (specifically Desire2Learn/Brightspace); and technical ability with evaluation and problem solving skills. Ability to motivate, instruct and work effectively with faculty and staff.
Knowledge of University policies, procedures, and TN eCampus. Ability to promote the TSU distance education program to prospective students.
How to apply
You will be required to provide names and contact information for three references during your application to the posting. If you are approved for the candidate pool, our online hiring system will automatically generate solicitation for these letters using contact information you provided.
The letters should be returned via the link provided in the solicitation of the recommendation and must be current and specific to the job posting.
Employment is contingent upon successfully completing a criminal background check as mandated by Tennessee State University.
Official transcripts for positions which require a post-secondary undergraduate degree, advanced degree and/or certification must be presented upon hire.
An unofficial transcript may be attached in the “Transcript” section.
Requisition Number: 3206
Tennessee State University offers eligible employees a competitive benefits package that includes annual leave (vacation), sick leave, medical, dental, vision, life insurance, retirement, flexible benefits plans and more.