Dept Number/Name: 0-3510-000 / Information Technology
College Division: Info Tech-Information Tech
Salary Plan: Administrative
Job Code/Title: 9558 / Instruct/Multimedia Developer
Hiring Salary/Salary Range: $50,000
Position Number: 00021199
The primary duty of the Instructional/Multimedia Developer is to design, develop, and produce multimedia projects based upon project objectives. This position will support online, blended, and in-class training programs. The Instructional Designer will work with the ID team lead to development interactive, engaging, and effective instructional materials that draw on sound instructional design principles. This position will also work closely with USF Health Physicians Group in developing online training in preparation for EMR conversion to Epic. While the primary purpose of this job is development and production of communication content, this position requires a combination of technical knowledge and skill in written and graphic communication. This job requires knowledge and skill in the use of multimedia production systems, web design, and interactive authoring. The Instructional/Multimedia Developer will be familiar and able to apply the functionality of multimedia tools, software and graphics applications, such as (but not limited to) HTML5, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Premiere, Final Cut Pro, Articulate Studio, Articulate Storyline, Captivate, and Camtasia. Content may be produced for a wide range of platforms, including computers, and other mobile devices all of which may be used in classroom and non-classroom settings.
Create online and blended learning training:
- Develop interactive, engaging, and effective online instructional materials that draw on sound instructional design principles
- Work closely with team lead to develop online standards for online training
- Design student focused training
- Work with Product Owner and Scrum master to organize projects into applicable project management frame work
Develop online documentation and job-aids:
- Create effective instructional materials that draw on sound instructional design principles
- Work with Subject-Matter-Experts, or Product Owners to convert material into effective online documentation such as quick guides or job aids
Consultation and Evaluation:
- Advise clients on best options for online learning solutions
- Help identify client’s prospective audience through evaluation, user stories and personas development.
- Evaluate existing training to see if it is meeting the learner’s needs and the clients outcomes
Other duties as directed.
- This position requires a Bachelor’s degree in instructional design, instructional technology, education, technical writing, digital media, fine arts, journalism, or related field, with two years of experience in related positions.
- Appropriate college coursework or vocational/technical training may substitute at an equivalent rate for the required experience.
- Master’s degree or working towards a Masters or other graduate degree.
- Experience with Learning Management Systems (such as MOODLE, Blackboard, Canvas, etc.) and instructional development best practices.
- Excellent Writing skills and the ability to work locally and in teams are a must.
Information for Applicants
This position is subject to a level II criminal background check.
Job Opening Number: 16167
Posting End Date: 04/08/2018
How to apply
Click here. When applying to an opening you will have the opportunity to upload a cover letter and resume.
Apply online by completing the required information and attaching your cover letter and resume. Please include your experience as it relates to the qualifications stated above. YOUR COVER LETTER AND RESUME, PLUS ANY OTHER REQUESTED MATERIAL, MUST BE IN ONE ATTACHMENT. Only online applications are accepted for this position.
Click here for additional tutorial information.
Equal Employment Opportunity
USF is an equal opportunity, equal access academic institution that embraces diversity in the workplace.
Campus map and location overview: USF – Tampa Campus
The University of South Florida System is a high-impact, global research system dedicated to student success. The USF System includes three institutions: USF; USF St. Petersburg; and USF Sarasota-Manatee. The institutions are separately accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools. All institutions have distinct missions and their own detailed strategic plans. Serving over 48,000 students, the USF System has an annual budget of $1.6 billion and an annual economic impact of $4.4 billion. USF is a member of the American Athletic Conference.
Working at USF
With more than 16,000 employees in the USF System, the University of South Florida is one of the largest employers in the Tampa Bay region. At USF you will find opportunities to excel in a rich academic environment that fosters the development and advancement of our employees. We believe in creating a talented, engaged and driven workforce through on-going development and career opportunities. We also offer a first class benefit package that includes medical, dental and life insurance plans, retirement plan options, tuition program and generous leave programs and more.
To learn more about working at USF please visit: Work Here. Learn Here. Grow Here.