Employment Type: Faculty
Psychology Department (765A)
College of Arts & Sciences
Campus: Main – Albuquerque, NM
Adjunct faculty may be eligible to receive certain UNM benefits in some cases. See the Benefits home page for more information.
The University of New Mexico, Department of Psychology, anticipates hiring Adjunct Faculty to teach undergraduate and/or graduate level courses in the Spring 2019, Summer 2019, and Fall 2019 Semesters. Anticipated openings include the following courses among others:
- PSY 105 General Psychology
- PSY 200 Statistical Principles
- PSY 302 Psychology Research Techniques
- Psychology Lab in the area of Health or Positive Psychology
Instructors are responsible for all aspects of any class they are teaching including but not limited to meeting with the class during assigned times, content delivery, assignment development, grading assignments, reporting of grades, and assessment of student learning outcomes as outlined by the department.
Positions are contingent upon need each semester as determined by student enrollment levels, current course offering matrix, and demand driven by graduation requirements. Positions may be filled or eliminated each semester up to the deadline for students to drop or add courses. Candidates who are selected for these positions will report to the department Chair, Dr. Jane Ellen Smith.
Best consideration dates:
For best consideration, please apply by:
Spring 2019: October 20, 2018
Summer 2019: February 1, 2019
Fall 2019: April 1, 2019
To teach courses as described above are determined by Higher Learning Commission’s accreditation requirements for faculty, and must be met by one of these ways:
- Master’s degree in the discipline or subfield in for which you are applying.
- Successful completion of at least 18 graduate credit hours in an accredited program in the discipline or subfield for which you are applying.
- PhD in Psychology from an accredited institution
- Successful teaching experience in a post-secondary institution or successful teaching in a community college.
- Successful teaching in both live and fully online courses.
- A demonstrated commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion, and student success, as well as working with broadly diverse communities.
How to apply
- Cover Letter indicating the courses and/or disciplines in which you are interested in teaching; the days/times you are available to teach; and how your education and experience, satisfies the Minimum Qualifications criteria described above.
- Curriculum Vitae
- A list of names and contact information of three professional references who can speak to your directly relevant knowledge, skills and experience.
Applicants who are appointed to a UNM faculty position are required to provide an official certification of successful completion of all degree requirements prior to their initial employment with UNM.
For Best Consideration
This posting will remain active until 10/20/2018. Anyone who applies for a position under this posting will automatically be considered for openings in subsequent semesters unless they indicate in their cover letter that they are not interested in teaching in specific semesters.