This job is a part time, non-benefited, FLSA exempt position in the Health Sciences Division that reports to the Program Director of Cardiovascular Technology.
Bachelor’s degree in related field OR Associate’s degree in field plus TWO year related work experience. Must be a certified Registered Cardiovascular Invasive Specialist (RCIS).
In addition to the minimum qualifications, prior experience with JRC-CVT accreditation; prior teaching experience in cardiovascular education program or health sciences program.
Job Description Summary:
Prepares and delivers lecture and/or lab course material. Prepares lesson plans for classroom instruction for general core courses. Evaluates students’ progress in attaining goals and objectives. Prepares and maintains all required documentation and administrative reports. Follows approved course syllabus. Displays a high level of effort and commitment to performing work; operates effectively within the organizational structure; demonstrates trustworthiness and responsible behavior. Accepts direction and feedback from supervisor and follows through appropriately. Assists with recruitment retention and job placement efforts. Completes all reports, records and invoices in a timely manner and maintains accurate inventory of all assigned properties.
The technical instructor is responsible for performing all aspects of instruction for assigned program to include, but not limited to, implementing, revising, and evaluating assigned subject area using state standard curriculum; utilizing all resources within assigned curricular area efficiently; and providing up-to-date skills and knowledge of program area to meet the needs of students, as well as business and industry demands.
Knowledge of the following: technical expertise in cardiac catheterization technologist role, treatment of heart disease, hemodynamic interpretations, heart rhythm interpretation, as well as knowledge regarding other modalities and procedures such as open heart surgery, stress testing, echocardiography, cardiac rehabilitation. If offered a position, employees in this department must complete the Hazardous Materials Training as well as the Bloodborne & Airborne Pathogen training annually and complete Pre-employment Drug Screen.
Percentage of Time:
Prepares lesson plans for classroom instruction for specified courses.
- Delivers effective individualized programs of instruction to class members.
- Ensures adherence to technical college and safety requirements in classrooms and labs by following established procedures.
- Correctly assesses the educational needs and class progress of students.
- Selects and obtains appropriate educational materials for courses.
- Prepares reports on the current status of students in the program indicating whether performance is aligned with performance indicators, program goals and progress schedule.
- Ensures consistency in syllabi, lesson plans, tests, and other appropriate materials.
Develops program and course outlines, goals and objectives.
- Prepares appropriate curricula, including non-traditional content and methods to achieve objectives and goals of students.
- Follows designated and approved lesson plan(s) using appropriate techniques and aids.
Evaluates students’ progress in attaining goals and objectives.
- Establishes criteria and tests the students in order to measure each student’s progress.
- Communicates students’ progress to student and appropriate personnel and according to established guidelines.
- Accurately records pertinent information in students’ records as required.
Requests and maintains supplies and equipment as needed for instruction.
- Performs and maintains classroom inventory according to established policies and procedures.
- Maintains an organized and proper supply of classroom instructional materials.
- Promptly notifies supervisor of defective equipment and need for supplies.
Maintains knowledge of current trends and developments in the field by attending staff development training, workshops, seminars and conferences and by reading professional literature in the related vocational field.
- Attends required number of hours of required training.
- Participates in education meetings, workshops, etc. as requested.
- Attends internal and external educational programs and professional meetings that meet the requirements for continuing education in the assigned specialty area.
- Reads professional literature and translates complex or technical information into a meaningful format that may be understood by others.
- Ensures certification meets all required organizational and accreditation policies and guidelines.
- Participates in advisory committees as requested.
Ensures safety and security requirements are met in the training area.
- Ensures students are instructed in and follow all safety rules for operating equipment and using tools.
- Ensures classrooms and work areas are properly cleaned and maintained at all times.
- Ensures work-related projects are successfully completed and that they meet industrial standards.
Meets with students, staff members, and other educators to discuss students’ instructional programs and other issues impacting the progress of the students.
- Advises students on course selection and other pertinent matters in a professional and effective manner.
- Actively participates in staff and faculty meetings as needed to discuss students’ progress, problems, and/or programs.
- Serves as academic advisor to students in the program area.
Displays a high level of effort and commitment to performing work; operates effectively within the organizational structure; demonstrates trustworthiness and responsible behavior.
- Demonstrates eagerness to learn and assume responsibility; seeks out and accepts increased responsibility; displays a “can do” approach to work.
- Shows persistence and seeks alternatives when obstacles arise; seeks alternative solutions; does things before being asked or forced to by events.
- Works within the system in a resourceful manner to accomplish reasonable work goals; shows flexibility in response to process change and adapts to and accommodates new methods and procedures.
- Accepts direction and feedback from supervisor and follows through appropriately.
- Works when scheduled; begins and ends work as expected; calls in according to policy when arriving late for work or when absent; observes provisions of Fair Labor Standards Act; observes policies on break and lunch periods; uses work time appropriately.
Participate in college and community activities.
- Participate in standing or ad hoc committees.
- Complete required annual professional enhancement activities.
- Promote and participates in institutional and program marketing and recruitment activities.
- Actively participates in the retention efforts of the school.
Performs other duties as assigned in the fulfillment of the needs, philosophy, and purpose of Gwinnett Technical College.
(N)Never, (O)Occasionally or (C)Constantly
Requires operation, access, or control of financial resources.
Requires having a P-Card.
Driving is a responsibility of this position.
This position will have direct interaction or care of children under the age of 18 or direct patient care.
This position will have Security Access (e.g., public safety, IT security, personnel records, patient records, or access to chemicals and medications).
This position is a stationary position, often standing or sitting for prolonged periods with or without reasonable accommodation.
This position requires moving about to accomplish tasks or moving from one worksite to another with or without reasonable accommodation.
This position requires the ability to adjust or move objects up to 15 pounds in all directions with or without reasonable accommodation.
This position requires the ability to repeat motions that may include the wrists, hands and/or fingers with or without reasonable accommodation.
This position requires the ability to operate machinery and/or power tools with or without reasonable accommodation.
Operating motor vehicles or heavy equipment with or without reasonable accommodation.
Medium work that includes moving objects up to 50 pounds with or without reasonable accommodation.
Light work that includes moving objects up to 20 pounds with or without reasonable accommodation.
Heavy work that includes moving objects up to 100 pounds or more with or without reasonable accommodation.
Work in outdoor elements such as precipitation and wind.
Assessing the accuracy, neatness and thoroughness of the work assigned.
The Technical College System of Georgia and its constituent Technical Colleges do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, national or ethnic origin, sex, religion, disability, age, political affiliation or belief, genetic information, disabled veteran, veteran of the Vietnam Era, spouse of military member or citizenship status (except in those special circumstances permitted or mandated by law). This nondiscrimination policy encompasses the operation of all technical college-administered programs, programs financed by the federal government including any Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA) Title I financed programs, educational programs and activities, including admissions, scholarships and loans, student life, and athletics. It also encompasses the recruitment and employment of personnel and contracting for goods and services.
The Technical College System and Technical Colleges shall promote the realization of equal opportunity through a positive continuing program of specific practices designed to ensure the full realization of equal opportunity. The following person has been designated to handle inquiries regarding the nondiscrimination policies: Lisa Richardson, Title IX and Section 504 Directore, 5150 Sugarloaf Parkway, Building A, Room 407, Lawrenceville, GA 30043, 678-226-6691
Minimum qualifications for this position will be determined by the teaching discipline and compliance with appropriate accrediting bodies. Faculty must be credentialed to satisfy all appropriate accrediting bodies for the course assigned.
How to apply
If you apply for this position or indicate an interest advise the HR person you saw this advertisements on jobs.world.edu