NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Applications are invited for the tenure-track position of Assistant or Associate Professor of Nursing to begin August 2022. Salary is competitive and commensurate with experience and education.
Austin Peay State University School of Nursing invites applications for nine-month tenure-track faculty position. We are searching for qualified applicants in Adult Health Medical Surgical Nursing. Positions are open in our pre-licensure BSN and RN-BSN Completion Program tracks. Austin Peay State University is located just 40 miles north of Nashville. This program is highly competitive and was recently ranked among the top 100 nursing programs for value. BSN graduates consistently have exceptional NCLEX pass rates, well above national average.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
The faculty member is responsible to manage student progress, grade course assignments in timely manner, actively engage with students online or by other methods to assist the student in achieving course outcomes coordination of the skills and computer lab. Assist in the development and maintenance of online courses.
Specific Functions :
- working with course coordinator in the development of course content;
- assisting in the development of student and course evaluation;
- working with the Director and course coordinator in preparation of clinical schedules;
- obtaining and/or developing learning materials;
- communicating with the course coordinator and the Director about course related activities of which they need to be made aware.
- demonstrates quality and expertise in teaching and clinical instruction;
- demonstrates professional characteristics in carrying out faculty responsibilities.
- maintains 12 TLC teaching load.
Counseling and Advising
- counseling with students assigned to course as needed;
- serving as academic advisor for a specified number of students in the program;
- assisting with advisement and registration at the beginning of each semester and as needed.
- responsible for self-evaluation;
- evaluates students assigned to course;
- participates in program self study;
- participates in college self study;
- participates in peer evaluation and evaluation of the Director and Dean.
- utilizes research and literature findings to integrate best practices into teaching.
- participates in research studies and grant writing as indicated;
- active participation in scholarly activities.
- provides an environment conducive to teaching and learning;
- represents the School on College committees;
- participates in community service activities;
- participates in professional nursing organizations and functions;
- maintains teaching and clinical expertise by attending continuing education activities
- fulfills additional assigned responsibilities.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Demonstrate teamwork and collaborative skills.
- Demonstrate innovation in teaching.
- Demonstrate knowledge of teaching assessment and evaluation.
- Demonstrate commitment to ongoing scholarly development.
- Demonstrate effective communication skills.
Required Minimum Qualifications
MSN acceptable however candidate must understand that a terminal degree is required for the award of tenure and/or promotion.
Terminal degree in Nursing or related field preferred.
Background of clinical experience.
Background of teaching experience.
Unencumbered RN Licensure in TN and/or eligibility for full licensure in TN.
How to apply
Austin Peay State University is an AA/EEO employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, ethnic or national origin, gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation/gender identity, religion, age, disability status, genetic information, and/or veteran status in its programs and activities. Inquiries or complaints regarding the non-discrimination policies should be directed to the Office of Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action at [email protected]