NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
The College of Applied Sciences and Arts (CASA) at Southern Illinois University Carbondale is seeking qualified applicants for three non-tenure track, term, renewable, variable time Assistant Lecturer/ Assistant Instructor positions serving the College’s online and/or on-campus undergraduate Interior Design, Architectural Studies Programs and Master of Architecture Programs.
Required Qualifications: Applicants must have a master’s degree in Interior Design, Architecture, or a construction-related field with three years of professional and/or related university-level teaching experience. Applicants who hold a bachelor’s degree in Interior Design, Architecture or closely related field will be considered if they have 5 years of relevant tested professional experience that includes documented evidence of career advancement plus, e.g., certification and/or registration in Interior Design, Construction Related Profession or professional registration as a licensed architect. For individuals holding a Bachelor’s degree, appointment will be at the rank of Assistant Instructor.
- Terminal Degree in Architecture and/or Interior Design
- Professional Registration as a Licensed Architect
- Advanced Degree in Interior Design
- Passage of the complete National Council for Interior Design Qualification (NCIDQ) Exam
- Evidence of teaching and/or professional experience in Interior Design
- Evidence of teaching and/or professional experience in construction and construction documentation
These positions will focus on undergraduate coursework in both the Interior Design and Architectural Studies Program. Examples of target courses include (but are not limited to):
ARC 242 (Building Technology I), 351 (Design III), 352 (Design IV), 381 (Environmental Design I-Site), 451 (Design V-Urban Design and Community), 541 (Architectural Systems and the Environment) ID 361 (Design Programming I), 372 (Interior Construction), 374 (Materials and Specifications), 391 (Design III-Context)
Application Deadline: July 8, 2019, or until filled.
How to apply
Please send the following materials to the address below:
- In a single PDF, a letter of interest stating design and teaching philosophies, a current resume or CV, and the names, addresses, and phone numbers of three references. Please include in the letter an indication of particular interest in teaching on-campus, online, or both, and preferred courses.
- A portfolio or other evidence of teaching, research, and/or professional work composed as a single PDF document not to exceed 20 pages in length: focus on design/teaching interests or link to a personal web page with this evidence clearly identified.Email: [email protected]
John K. Dobbins, Interim Director
School of Architecture
410 Quigley Hall, Mail Code 4337
Southern Illinois University Carbondale
875 South Normal Avenue
Carbondale, IL 62901