CU Anschutz Medical Campus
School or College, Department of Pediatrics
Section of Allergy & Immunology
Position #00770214 – Requisition #17991
* Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers *
The University of Colorado Denver l Anschutz Medical Campus seeks individuals with demonstrated commitment to creating an inclusive learning and working environment. We value the ability to engage effectively with students, faculty and staff of diverse backgrounds.
The Department of Pediatrics, Section of Allergy & Immunology has an opening for a full-time (unclassified) Assistant Professor position.
The University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus is a public education, clinical and research facility serving 4,500 students, and a world-class medical destination at the forefront of life-changing science, medicine, and healthcare. CU Anschutz offers more than 42 highly rated degree programs through 6 schools and colleges, and receives over $500 million in research awards each year. We are the single largest health professions education provider in Colorado, awarding nearly 1,450 degrees annually. Powered by our award-winning faculty, renowned researchers and a reputation for academic excellence, the CU Anschutz Medical Campus drives innovation from the classroom to the laboratory to the delivery of unparalleled patient care. Read CU Anschutz Quick Facts here .
PLEASE NOTE : Candidates may be responsible for travel expenses related to the interview process and any relocation expenses, if applicable.
Salary and Benefits:
Salary is commensurate with skills and experience. The University of Colorado offers a full benefits package. Information on University benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at Employee Services.
University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background checks for all new employees prior to their employment.
The Immigration Reform and Control Act requires that verification of employment eligibility be documented for all new employees by the end of the third day of work. Alternative formats of this ad are available upon request for persons with disabilities.
Your total compensation goes beyond the number on your paycheck. The University of Colorado provides generous leave, health plans and retirement contributions that add to your bottom line.
Total Compensation Calculator: https://www.cu.edu/employee-services/total-compensation
Diversity and Equity:
Please click here for information on disability accommodations: http://www.ucdenver.edu/about/departments/HR/jobs/Pages/JobsatCUDenver.aspx
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
Nature of Work:
We are seeking a new Drug Allergy Program Director, Assistant Professor. The candidate will participate in building the Drug Allergy program at the Anschutz campus. The applicant will have protected time to help develop and expand the Drug Allergy programs within the within Children’s Hospital Colorado, the Anschutz Medical Campus and across the 7-state referral region.
The candidate will provide oversight and care of patients with asthma, food allergy, allergic rhinitis and conjunctivitis, atopic dermatitis, drug allergy, animal dander sensitivity, insect sting allergy, urticaria, angioedema, anaphylaxis and immunodeficiencies in inpatient and outpatient settings. This will include oversight of food challenges, drug challenges, and providing allergen immunotherapy. These services will be performed at the main campus of Children’s Hospital Colorado and at Network of Care locations. The candidate will participate in 6-12 weeks of call coverage for the Section of Allergy and Immunology, including inpatient consultations. The candidate will also participate in the teaching of fellows, residents and medical students assigned to her/his clinic and service rotations.
-Develop and lead the clinical drug allergy program, including a de-labeling program, both inpatient and outpatient.
- Develop desensitization standard protocols for common drug desensitizations.
- Develop a drug allergy clinic, which would include PCP and inpatient subspecialty (e.g., surgery, infectious diseases) outreach to publicize and develop this.
- Provide education for the nurses, medical providers, and schedulers for management of these patients.
- Track and review side effects and safety outcomes to ensure ongoing quality improvement.
- Serve in the Challenge and Research Unit by providing oversight and monitoring both clinical and research patients with food challenges, drug challenges, and allergen immunotherapy.
- Provide services at the main campus of Children’s Hospital Colorado (CHCO) and at Network of Care (NOC) locations.
-Applicants should have successfully completed a pediatric residency and an Allergy and Immunology Fellowship.
- Recognized as Board Certified/Eligible by the American Board of Allergy and Immunology.
- State of Colorado medical license and DEA license must be obtained on or before the hire date.
- Experience supervising and teaching trainees.
Conditions of Employment:
- Must successfully pass a 10-panel drug test through Children’s Hospital Colorado.
- Must be willing and able to pass a national criminal and sex-offender background check.
- Experience in performing drug challenges.
- Experience in performing drug desensitization.
- Experience in performing food challenges.
- Prior peer-reviewed publication history.
- Excellent ability to understand and utilize knowledge of drug allergies.
- Knowledge and ability to provide expert oversight and medical management of children with complex allergic and immunologic diseases who often have other significant medical issues.
- Strong interpersonal written and verbal communication skills and must be a strong team player.
- Commitment to Patient Safety, Quality Care, Communication, and Customer Service.
- Ability to collaborate with physicians, physician assistants, and nurses to form a high performing medical team.
- Ability to work within cross-cultural and cross-populations.
- Ability to adapt to a dynamic environment.
How to apply
To apply, please visit: http://www.cu.edu/cu-careers and attach: 1. A letter of application which specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications 2. A current CV/resume 3. List of three to five professional references (we will notify you prior to contacting both on and off-list references) Questions should be directed to David Fleischer at [email protected] Reference checks are a standard step in our hiring process. You may be asked to provide contact information, including e-mail addresses, for up to 5 references if you are referred to the Hiring Authority for an interview. We will notify you prior to contacting both on and off-list references. Please do not submit any of your application material (via email) to the job posting contact. Application Materials Required : Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References Application Materials Instructions :
Applications are accepted electronically at CU Careers, refer to requisition ID: 17991
Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is closed.
Job Category: Faculty
Department: U0001 — DENVER & ANSCHUTZ MED CAMPUS – 20976 – SOM-PEDS Allergy-Immun-GenOps
Closing Date: Ongoing
Posting Number: 00770214