Posting Number: 2022970F
Work Schedule: full-time/9-months
Department: 134-Education and Counseling
The Department of Education & Counseling at Villanova University invites applications for a tenure-track position with the rank of Assistant Professor to begin in the Fall of 2023. The counseling program within the department is CACREP-accredited, offers masters-level school and clinical mental health counseling degrees, an online college admissions counseling certificate as well as an undergraduate counseling minor. Further information about the department can be found here.
The successful candidate will have earned (or be in the final stages of earning) a Ph.D. in Counselor Education and will be highly qualified to teach courses within the school counseling program. The ideal candidate will have professional experience in school and/or college counseling within K-12th grade settings. Experience working with diverse student populations is preferred, as is passion for and experience in teaching in higher education and a commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion.
Villanova is a Catholic university sponsored by the Augustinian Order. Diversity and inclusion have been and will continue to be an integral component of Villanova University’s mission. An AA/EEO employer, Villanova seeks a diverse faculty committed to scholarship, service, and especially teaching, who understand, respect and can contribute to the University’s mission and values.
Duties and Responsibilities
This position involves a balanced focus on research and teaching, as well as a commitment to service within the department and university. An ideal candidate will have a clearly developed research agenda that focuses on a school counseling-related topic with potential to make significant scholarly contributions ideally in relation to equity and social justice. The position will primarily entail teaching in-person evening graduate courses with potential opportunities to teach in the online college admissions counseling program. Faculty will be expected to infuse multicultural, social justice, and advocacy competencies throughout all courses in the curriculum.
1) commitment to and track record of infusion of diversity, equity, and inclusion efforts in one’s teaching, research, and professional work; 2) earned doctorate in Counselor Education from a CACREP-accredited program (ABD will be considered); 3) demonstrated evidence of teaching effectiveness; 4) school counseling professional experience (i.e., beyond field experiences); 5) a research agenda clearly related to school counseling; and 6) eagerness to join and collaborate with a team of passionate counselor educators.
How to apply
Include with Application:
1. Cover letter/letter of interest
2. Names and contact information for 3 references (include as “Other” document).
3. Resume/curriculum vitae
4. Personal statement on contribution to the university mission and diversity efforts. Candidate will describe (in no more than 2 pages) how their research, teaching, professional background, and service interests would contribute to Villanova University’s mission and diversity statements. Please visit the links below:
University Mission Statement and Enduring Commitments:
University Diversity Statement: https://www1.villanova.edu/university/diversity-inclusi on/about.html
5. Statement of research interests (250 words)
6. Writing sample/publication
7. Copies of transcripts (official transcripts necessary for finalists)
8. Statement of Teaching Philosophy
Closing Date (11:59pm ET)
Salary Posting Information
Diversity and inclusion have been and will continue to be an integral component of Villanova University’s mission. The University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and seeks candidates who understand, respect and can contribute to the University’s mission and values.