Long Beach, CA
College of Business
Department of Information Systems
Tenure-Track Position Opening
Recruitment Number: 2619
Position: Assistant Professor of Information Systems
Effective Date: August 17, 2021 (Fall Semester)
Salary Range: Commensurate with qualifications and experience
- Ph.D. or DBA degree in an appropriate area of Business with a specialization in Information Systems from a business school with the AACSB international accreditation. Degree at time of application or official notification of completion of the doctoral degree by August 1, 2021. Candidates with doctorate degrees in a closely related field and also conducted teaching and research in information systems may be considered.
- Demonstrated potential to teach effectively at the undergraduate and graduate levels in one or more of the following areas: Cyber Security, Cloud Computing, Enterprise Architecture, Systems Integration, and/or the technical areas of Information Systems
- Demonstrated potential for research, scholarly and creative activities leading to publication and curriculum development
- Demonstrated commitment to service contributions to the department/college/university, industry, and community
- Demonstrated commitment to working successfully with a diverse student population
- Teaching experience at the college level
- Professional experience
- Published research in the field
- Demonstrated potential to develop and expand relationship across the university’s surrounding community and the industry
- Solid, in-depth, and directly related technical background for information systems including involvement in application development
- Experience in teaching and mentoring students from underrepresented groups
Review of applications to begin August 1, 2020
Position open until filled (or recruitment canceled)
A background check (including a criminal records check and telephone reference check with most recent employer) must be completed satisfactorily before any candidate can be offered a position with the CSU. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the application status of applicants or continued employment of current CSU employees who apply for the position.
The person holding this position is considered a “mandated reporter” under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 Revised July 21, 2017 as a condition of employment.
How to apply
CSULB is committed to creating a community in which a diverse population can learn, live, and work in an atmosphere of tolerance, civility and respect for the rights and sensibilities of each individual, without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, religious creed, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, medical condition, age, Vietnam era veteran status, or any other veteran’s status. CSULB is an Equal Opportunity Employer.