Location: Phoenix, Arizona, United States
Requisition #: 210304
Position Description: Supports the Program in ensuring that both the didactic and clinical experiences meet current practice standards as they relate to the PA role in providing patient care.
Reports to: PA Program Director
- Assists in the development of the program’s mission, vision, values and program-defined competencies and learning outcomes
- Contributes to classroom instruction in the PA program in areas of expertise.
- Participates in student advancement processes.
- Contributes to the design, implementation and maintenance of program curriculum
- Participates in regular program faculty/staff meetings.
- Participates in the ongoing program evaluation and accreditation processes.
- Serves as a liaison to promote the program within the university, with its clinical partners and with external stakeholders.
- Contributes to the student recruitment and admissions interview process.
- Contributes to the development of program policies and procedures.
- Clinical practice as assigned (to occur outside the 0.2 FTE assigned to the PA Program)
- Participates in scholarly activity
- Travel, as needed, to support program operations
- Participates in university committees, as assigned
- Other duties, as assigned.
Creighton is dedicated to the pursuit of truth in all its forms and is guided by the living tradition of the Catholic Church. Associate Professor will teach courses and seminars for undergraduate and graduate students that aligns and supports Creighton Catholic Jesuit tradition and mission. The Associate Professor will also carry out research in their area of study to enhance teaching, to contribute to the betterment of society, and to discover new knowledge. The incumbent serves on University Committees and may choose to participate in other campus-related activities/groups.
Potential candidates for an Associate Professor are encouraged to review the Faculty Handbook at:
- MD or DO,
- Current licensure as a physician by the state of Arizona
- Current board certification by an ABMS- or AOA- approved specialty board
- Experience working with medical learners in a didactic and/or clinical setting. (Experience working with PA students is a plus)
- Experience working directly with PAs in a clinical setting.
- Experience with LCME or other medical education accreditation processes.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
Ability to foster student learning, development, and decision making in support of their goals, success, wellness, and needs;
Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to develop rapport quickly and effectively with a diversity of populations;
Empathy and compassion for the experiences of others;
Ability to provide evidence of excellent university-level teaching and/or significant publications
Seeing: 75 – 100%
Lifting/Pulling/Pushing: 0-24% (pound: 10 lbs.)
Fingering/Grasping/Feeling: 75 – 100%
Travel: No and Yes
Exposure to Blood Borne pathogens: No and Yes
How to apply
Creighton University is committed to providing a safe and non-discriminatory educational and employment environment. The University admits qualified students, hires qualified employees and accepts patients for treatment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, age, disability, citizenship, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or other status protected by law. Its education and employment policies, scholarship and loan programs, and other programs and activities, are administered without unlawful discrimination.
This description describes the general nature of work to be performed and does not include an exhaustive list of all duties, skills, or abilities required. Regular, reliable attendance is an essential function and all employees are required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties as requested by their supervisor. Employees may also be required to work in excess of normal working hours as workloads and seasonal activities necessitate. A complete description is available in the Human Resource office located at 3006 Webster Street Omaha, NE. Creighton University reserves the right to modify duties, responsibilities and activities at any time with or without notice.