NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
College Of Nursing and Health Sciences
Proposed Minimum Salary
Corpus Christi, Texas
The College of Nursing and Health Sciences at Texas A&M University-Corpus Christi, (TAMU-CC) invites applications for a senior-level 9 month, full-time, tenure track or tenure on arrival faculty position at the rank of Associate Professor or Professor of Nursing Practice to begin fall 2023. Recommendations for rank and tenure will be determined upon review of qualifications and experience; tenure on arrival must be approved by the Texas A&M System Board of Regents. We seek candidates with a record of excellence in research, teaching, and service. Applicants must provide evidence of highly successful college-level teaching, a plan for ongoing scholarship, and a commitment to engage in service expected of a university faculty member. Faculty are required to assume leadership roles in external funding efforts, curriculum development, department initiatives, support of the graduate programs, and assist in the broader educational mission of the College.
Applicants must demonstrate they meet standards for tenure and promotion at TAMUCC. These include: a nationally recognized research program evidenced by publication and extramural funding record, experience mentoring graduate students, a track record of impactful classroom instruction, and evidence of effective professional and institutional service. The successful candidate will continue to maintain an active research agenda as manifested by scholarly work while teaching nine contact hours per semester.
Texas A&M University-Corpus Christi is a vibrant, Hispanic Serving Doctoral Research Institution that proudly provides a solid academic reputation, renowned faculty, and highly rated degree programs since 1947. The University has a heritage of teaching excellence with innovation in research and community engagement as part of the distinguished Texas A&M System. The only university in the nation located on its own island, at the heart of the Texas Gulf Coast. With palm tree lined pathways throughout the campus, nearby natural wetlands, a scenic hike-and-bike trail and pristine views of the beach and bays, Texas A&M University-Corpus Christi is a first-choice institution.
- Ph.D. in Nursing.
- Current unencumbered RN/APRN License in the State of Texas or eligible for licensure in Texas.
- An established record of achievement in scholarship, teaching, and service appropriate for appointment at the rank of Associate Professor or Professor.
- Demonstrated leadership experience and skills.
- Evidence of effective teaching in a variety of undergrad and graduate courses.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Advanced practice nurse certification.
- Knowledge of innovative teaching approaches and the use of technology in instruction.
- Experience with online graduate programs.
- Experience with interprofessional collaborative education, scholarship, and/or practice.
All positions are security-sensitive. Applicants are subject to a criminal history investigation, and employment is contingent upon the institution’s verification of credentials and/or other information required by the institution’s procedures, including the completion of the criminal history check.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer committed to diversity.
How to apply
To apply, visit
Apply for this Job