Dubai, United Arab Emirates
The American University in the Emirates invites Ph.D. holder applicants for full-time faculty (Associate Professor and Assistant Professor).
Academic Year: 2020-2021
The faculty required will be teaching in one or more of the below Specializations:
- Knowledge Management
Instruction Language: English
Teaching Load: 24 credit hours per academic year (Fall & Spring Semesters).
Responsible to provide students with professional expertise in teaching, assessing student work, academic advising, participating in administrative and committee activities, professional service, and community service.
Qualifications & Education
- Ph.D. in the related field of Computer Science & Information Technology from an accredited university in the United States of America or a recognized University accredited by an American Accreditation body
- 18 credit hours of graduate studies in the required field
- Minimum one research publication in Scopus journals
- Applicants must have a minimum of 2 years of teaching /working experience in an internationally accredited university.
- Proven record of excellence at baccalaureate and graduate program level teaching
Skills / Training / Knowledge
- Curricular development and review.
- Record of professional accomplishment including peer-reviewed publications
- Continued research program and interest in collaboration with another faculty.
- Ability to integrate web-based and/or digital technology in the classroom.
- Willingness to provide service to the University and the College.
- Excellent English Proficiency and Communication skills for Faculty teaching in English
- Excellent Arabic Proficiency and Communication skills for faculty teaching in Arabic
|Critical competences||Weighting (%)
(Must add up to 100%)
|Teaching / Class Activities||20%|
|Professional Development Activities||15%|
- Expected to present research and practice driven teaching
- Adapt to latest pedagogical techniques that stimulate students to inquiry and to encompass a broad and coherent body of knowledge, attaining the skills and competencies through engaging delivery techniques and development of appropriate assessments
- Supervision of thesis, capstone and internship assignments of students
- Actively engage in scholarly activities and publish peer-reviewed articles in area of specialization thus contributing to the Mission of the University.
- Provide academic advising and guidance the students in the program learning outcomes, curriculum planning and career planning.
- Evaluating students’ performance and grading. Providing clear assessment criteria that reflects course content and its learning outcomes, setting expectations to students, avoiding cognitive biasness.
- Contributes to regular curriculum reviewing and improving the existing curriculum or developing new specialization or program.
- Participate by working in a task force or workgroup to accomplish assignment or project such as accreditation, recruitment, research administration, consultation, and service to university, discipline and to community.
- Acquire latest academic techniques, discipline and professional certification, technology related development, and leadership development through attending in-campus and out-campus workshops, seminars and training.