Job No: 526806
Work Type: Multi-Track Faculty
Location: Indian River
Categories: Allied Health
Department: 29120000 – MD-PSYCHIATRY
Clinical Assistant/Associate/Professor – Vero Beach, Florida
The University of Florida Department of Psychiatry is seeking a motivated and dynamic Assistant/Associate or Full Professor to join the team as a full-time (1.0 FTE), non-tenure accruing position. This position will be located at our University of Florida Center for Psychiatry satellite facility in Vero Beach, FL. The candidate will provide psychiatric outpatient services for the Department of Psychiatry and manage direct patient care, evaluations, assessments, diagnoses and treatments for adults and children. The candidate is expected to participate in the after-hours and weekend on-call schedule.
About UF Health Center of Psychiatry and Addiction Medicine:
The UF Health Center for Psychiatry serves the Vero Beach, Indian River, and Treasure Coast counties with a diverse array of mental health / psychiatric outpatient clinical services and the most up-to-date and effective treatment programs.
- Provides full scope of outpatient psychiatry services including but not limited to diagnosis, treatment, coordination of care, preventative care, and health maintenance.
- Works collaboratively with members of the healthcare team.
- Prescribes pharmaceuticals, other medications, and treatment regimens as appropriate.
- Refers patients to relevant patient care components as appropriate.
- Follows established departmental policies, procedures, and objectives, continuous quality improvement objectives, and safety, environmental, and/or infection control standards.
- May participate in specified health promotion, education and/or prevention programs.
- Participates in peer review, quality assurance, provider meetings, and other clinical and operational meetings as requested
- Assist in updating protocols and principles of practice, as requested.
In addition, faculty in the Department of Psychiatry are engaged in clinical and scholarly collaborations throughout UF and nationally that afford rich opportunities for career development. The Department of Psychiatry offers extensive opportunities for clinical research/ scholarly collaborations. Finally, the successful candidate must be willing to engage in service at the level of the department, college, and larger profession and demonstrate a strong commitment to issues of diversity, equity, and inclusion.
The successful applicant for this position will report to the Chief in the Department of Psychiatry at Vero Beach.
Commensurate with training and experience
Applicants must have a:
- M.D. or D.O. degree or equivalent, be Board Certified or Board Eligible in Child/Adolescent Psychiatry and able to obtain a Florida Medical License and UF Health medical staff appointment
- Strong candidates will be motivated physicians with a desire for a career in child and adolescent psychiatry within an academic setting
- Possess prior clinical experience in a teaching institution or service
- Completed residency in psychiatry
- Completed a fellowship in Child and Adolescent Psychiatry
- Strong interpersonal communication skills
- Strong written communications skills
Compensation and Benefits
As one of the nation’s top public research university, the University of Florida is dedicated to providing robust benefits options to support the wellbeing their employees. The university offers a range of complementary and affordable benefit options to meet your family’s financial, educational, and health needs.
- Salary commensurate based on candidate’s experience
- Comprehensive insurance plans including medical, dental, vision, and prescription coverage
- Flexible spending accounts, employee wellness program, and employee assistance program
- Financial security via our life and long-term disability insurance, accident and illness insurance
- Plan for your future with retirement savings and investment options that grow with you
- A locally-based, unlimited preferred legal plan offering comprehensive legal assistance, advice, and formal representation on all types of legal services
- Generous paid time off work options including vacation, sick leave, annual holidays, and personal holiday/winter break
- Time to recover – 8 weeks of paid parental and medical leave programs
- Enjoy discounts for on and off-campus activities and services with the Gatorperks Discount Program
- Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program
About the University of Florida (UF), College of Medicine
Faculty in the Department of Psychiatry at the University of Florida are engaged in groundbreaking projects covering a variety of interests through our Centers, labs, and collaborations with other departments. Department Psychiatry includes a large outpatient center with various specialty clinics within (including one associated with our Center for Autism and Neurodevelopment), a very active inpatient service, psychiatry collaborative program for primary care practitioners, school consultation program, and community consultation services. The Department of Psychiatry spans services across adult, addiction, and child/adolescent specializations, including a freestanding psychiatric hospital, a large consult liaison service at the main UF Shands Hospital, the Florida Recovery Center operated by our Addiction Division, and multiple research centers including the Center for Addiction Research & Education and the Center for OCD and Related Disorders (COARD). UF is also an active site for the NIH-landmark Adolescent Brain Cognitive Development (ABCD) Study.
UF is an active campus in the heart of a growing city. UF is one of the Top 5 public universities in the nation and one of the largest medical centers in Florida. UF is a leader in the Southeast for innovative, evidence-based treatment programs for a variety of mental health disorders with a strong commitment to the conduct of clinical science. UF College of Medicine is ranked 43rd in the nation by US News and World Report. UF is ranked #19 among public medical schools in the U.S. with $349 million in total research and sponsored program funding and researchers exploring topics across nine research centers and institutes. Why Choose Medicine At UF?
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Interested applicants should submit the following items as part of the online application:
- Cover letter that states applicant’s interest in the position and qualification relative to the credentials listed above, including a diversity statement indicating how your previous experiences have prepared you to contribute to an inclusive institutional culture.
- Curriculum Vitae
- Reference Names/Contact Information (3). The cover letter should include the names and contact information of three individuals who can provide an evaluative appraisal of the applicant’s work, potential in the field, and capacity to be an effective colleague in an academic health sciences center. References will be requested from the Department should the applicant be considered.
Selected candidate will be required to provide an official transcript to the hiring department upon hire. A transcript will not be considered “official” if a designation of “Issued to Student” is visible. Degrees earned from an education institution outside of the United States are required to be evaluated by a professional credentialing service provider approved by National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (NACES).
The Search Committee will accept applications until the position is filled. Application review will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
The University of Florida is an equal opportunity institution dedicated to building a broadly diverse and inclusive faculty and staff. Hiring is contingent upon eligibility to work in the US. Searches are conducted in accordance with Florida’s Sunshine Law.
The University of Florida is An Equal Employment Opportunity Institution. If an accommodation due to a disability is needed to apply for this position, please call 352/392-2477 or the Florida Relay System at 800/955-8771 (TDD). Hiring is contingent upon eligibility to work in the US. Searches are conducted in accordance with Florida’s Sunshine Law.
Health Assessment Required:
Applications Close: Open until filled
How to apply
To apply, visit
Apply for this Job