Pocatello – Main
Idaho State University, established in 1901, is a Carnegie-classified doctoral research and teaching institution, with a culture built on trust, compassion, stability, and hope. ISU serves over 12,000 students in Pocatello, Meridian, Twin Falls, and Idaho Falls. Students and faculty at ISU are leading the way in cutting-edge research and innovative solutions. We are proud to offer exceptional academics nestled in the grand, natural beauty of the West. We invite you to apply to be a part of our University community!
This position is entrusted to develop, teach, and assess the quality of instruction in a wide variety of topics related to small business and associated accounting practices. In addition to a regular teaching load and service expectations, the position will also work with local industry partners in developing internship and externship opportunities for students, as well as gathering state of the industry insights into working conditions; expectations; and training opportunities that can be integrated with current teaching content.
The faculty member will be a core member of the the faculty and will include advising, recruiting, and curriculum development responsibilities. Key responsibilities will include:
- Teaching courses assigned, with primary duties in the area of Accounting, Computer technology, and business management
- Curriculum development and maintenance in content area
- Participation in student advising
- Participation in program development and student recruitment
- Conducting significant, relevant service to the department, college, and university
- Must hold, or be able to attain, certification by Idaho Career and Technical Education (CTE) (https://cte.idaho.gov/)
- AAS in Accounting or Business related field
- Experience with QuickBooks and Microsoft Office Applications
- Two (2) years teaching experience
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Accounting or Business related field (other areas may include Marketing, Customer Service, and Business Communication)
You must submit your CV/resume, cover letter, and list of three (3) professional references, including current contact information. This position will remain open until it is filled; however, priority consideration will be given to applications received prior to June 7, 2023. Salary will be between $52,000 to $54,000 per year, commensurate with education and experience. Benefits include comprehensive health, dental, and vision; life insurance; disability plan; employee assistance program (EAP); excellent retirement options and company contribution; and generous paid time off/sick leave accrual. All offers of employment are conditional pending the successful completion of a background investigation, provided by HireRight.
Posting Number: req1942
Type: Working 9 months per year
Position: Faculty Non-Tenure Track
Division: College of Technology
The State of Idaho is committed to providing equal employment opportunities and prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, political affiliation or belief, sex, national origin, genetics, or any other status protected under applicable federal, state, or local laws.
The State of Idaho is committed to access and reasonable accommodations for individuals with disabilities, auxiliary aids and services are available upon request. If you require an accommodation at any step in our recruitment process, you are encouraged to contact (208) 334-2263 (TTY/TTD: 711), or email [email protected].
Preference may be given to veterans who qualify under state and federal laws and regulations.
How to apply
To apply, visit
Apply for this Job