Posting Number: 20231029F
Work Schedule: full-time/12-months
The M. Louise Fitzpatrick College of Nursing at Villanova University seeks nominations and applications from outstanding educators for a full-time, 12-month, continuing non-tenure track faculty position with preparation and expertise as a Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetist. Successful candidates will be expected to instruct our students in both the didactic and clinical setting during the fall, spring, and summer semesters.
The Fitzpatrick College of Nursing strategic plan is guiding us to “become who we are not yet.” We invite talented individuals to join us on this journey!
Villanova is a Catholic university sponsored by the Augustinian order. Diversity and inclusion have been and will continue to be an integral component of Villanova University’s mission. The University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and seeks candidates who understand, respect and can contribute to the University’s mission and values.
Duties and Responsibilities
The successful candidate will:
- provide instruction in the classroom, clinical area, and simulation laboratory,
- advise and mentor students,
- guide student scholarly projects,
- participate in scholarly work,
- coordinate nurse anesthesia students simulation experiences in collaboration with the simulation and learning resource center at FCN,
- participate in recruitment, admissions, and advisement activities for the Nurse Anesthesia-Doctor of Nursing Practice program,
- assist in attaining clinical placements for students,
- maintain active engagement in the College, University, and professional community.
- performs duties as certified registered nurse anesthetist.
- Doctoral degree in nursing with appropriate specialty preparation as a CRNA.
- Clinical experience in area of specialty.
- Licensure or eligibility for licensure as a Registered Nurse and CRNA in Pennsylvania, Delaware and/or New Jersey.
- Previous teaching experience in an academic nursing program or clinical setting.
- Teaching philosophy commensurate with Villanova University’s mission and values.
- Evidence of scholarly productivity.
How to apply
Applications must include a cover letter and resume/curriculum vitae.
1) A statement articulating how the candidate’s contributions support the University’s mission (and enduring principles) and 2) a statement on inclusive excellence are required at time of interview.
Contact information for three individual references are required for all finalists.
Required for appointment:
- Official transcripts from undergraduate and graduate degrees.
- Evidence of professional liability insurance.
- Criminal background check clearance.
- FBI fingerprints and PA Child Abuse Clearance.
Salary Posting Information
Diversity and inclusion have been and will continue to be an integral component of Villanova University’s mission. The University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and seeks candidates who understand, respect and can contribute to the University’s mission and values.
If you apply for this position or indicate an interest advise the HR person you saw this advertisements on jobs.world.edu