NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
New Britain, CT
The Department of Finance at Central Connecticut State University seeks to establish a pool of qualified applicants for future, part-time appointments as adjunct faculty in the discipline of Finance. The Department of Finance is one of five academic departments within the School of Business, which is AACSB accredited. Courses would be taught on campus and are offered both days and evenings. A limited number of positions varies by semester and depends upon the needs of the department. Appointments are for one semester, and may be renewable based on need, funding, and performance. We are especially interested in practitioners who have professional and teaching expertise in the areas of:
1. Personal Finance / Personal Financial Planning
2. Financial Modeling and Analytics
3. Risk Management
4. Real Estate Finance/Investments
5. Financial Statement Analysis
6. Securities Analysis
• At least a Master’s degree or higher in finance or in a related field.
• Commitment to serving culturally, ethnically and linguistically diverse communities.
• Professional Certification (CFA, CFP, ChFC CPA, …)
• Have an ability to use technology effectively in teaching and learning
• Evidence of quality teaching experience.
In addition to practitioners, we welcome applications from academics who are classified as scholarly academic or practice academic according to AACSB standards.
How to apply
Applications must include:
• Current resume
• Statement of Interest, including descriptions of discipline area(s) you are qualified to teach.
Applicants must be able to legally work in the United States. The Department is unable to arrange work permits for Instructor positions. Please redact any personally identifiable information (i.e., SSN, DOB, marital status, country of origin) from any documents submitted.
Please submit your application here.
Central Connecticut State University is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer