Wellington, New Zealand
School of Psychology
College of Humanities and Social Sciences
Term length: ongoing
Hours of work: full-time
To view academic salary scales, please click here
The opportunity | Te Whiwhinga mahi
Massey University’s School of Psychology has an opening for a practicing senior clinical psychologist with a recognised Postgraduate Clinical Psychology qualification to become part of our dynamic trio of Clinic Directors. This position is well supported within the Clinic team, by the Clinical Training Programme Staff, the School of Psychology business manager, as well as the Acting Head of School. As part of a University Clinic environment, you will enjoy variety and balance in your daily work and access to the latest research libraries & psychometric tools.
Massey offers employees:
- Up to 6.75% employer contribution to the UniSaver Superannuation Scheme
- Five university holidays per year in addition to your annual leave
- Subsidised Southern Cross Healthcare plan for you and your family
- Discounted membership to our fully equipped recreation centre and gym facilities
- Staff purchasing privileges and discounts at many commercial and retail businesses across NZ.
- Comprehensive professional development and training programmes
About you | Ko koe tēnei
Are you a practicing senior Psychologist with:
- A valid New Zealand Psychologists Board registration within the Clinical Scope of Practice (or immediately eligible).
- A minimum of a PGDipClinPsych in Clinical Psychology or equivalent postgraduate qualification in clinical psychology.
- A valid Annual Practice Certificate (or immediately eligible).
- A full membership of either the New Zealand Psychological Society or the New Zealand College of Clinical Psychologists (or immediately eligible)
- A minimum of five years of practice experience is required
- A willingness to lead and provide management expertise
- Familiarity with cognitive-behaviourally orientated assessment and treatment approaches, which is essential.
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
As the Director you will have the responsibility for the Massey University Psychology Clinic in Wellington which maintains all clinical psychology services to clients and includes the initiation, procurement and maintenance of research and service relationships and contracts.
Additionally, the clinic is a training facility that is essential in supporting the school’s clinical psychology training programme. The role of the Director involves:
- Supporting clinical programmes by teaching
- Designing and implementing clinical services to a selected range of clients,
- Facilitating and managing applied practice research as a cutting-edge institution.
- Direct supervision of Clinical Psychology placement students and interns and providing clinical practice observations and experience.
- Leading staff.
- Overseeing the administration of the clinic.
As part of Massey University’s commitment to the Treaty of Waitangi, the School of Psychology incorporates a bicultural focus into its programmes and practice. We consistently work towards strengthening our tangata whenuatanga and Te Tiriti o Waitangi partnership in Aotearoa.
The employment setting will involve work with people across the lifespan and applicants will be required to comply with the requirements of the Vulnerable Children Act 2014 and the Vulnerable Children (Requirements for Safety Checks of Children’s Workers) Regulations 2015.
For enquiries, please contact Associate Professor Kirsty Ross, Acting Head of School, at [email protected] To apply please submit your application at www.masseyunicareers.nga.net.nz
Please note we do reserve the right to appoint prior to the closing date if the ideal candidate is identified.
To view/download the job description, please click on the file below
Job Description – Director – Psychology Clinic
How to apply
- Start your application by clicking here.
- Login to an existing account or reset your password
- Preview Application Form