NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Job Type: Full time
Job Number: 2023-06725
Location: Schroeder Hall
Who is Saint Louis University? Founded in 1818, Saint Louis University is one of the nation’s oldest and most prestigious Catholic universities. SLU, which also has a campus in Madrid, Spain, is recognized for world-class academics, life-changing research, compassionate health care, and a strong commitment to faith and service.
All About You
DOROTHY A VOTSMIER ENDOWED CHAIR IN NURSING
The Votsmier Endowed Chair in Nursing at Saint Louis University was established in 1998. The professor appointed to the Votsmier Endowed Chair will be an established scientist with a history of significant extramural/federal funding (NIH R-level, preferably R01, or foundation equivalent).
- Research doctoral degree in a health-related discipline or nursing
- Record of significant extramural/federal funding (e.g., NIH, R-level, R01 level) as principal investigator
- Eligible for appointment to the rank of Professor and to the Graduate Faculty
- Proven record of dissemination of data-based publications in peer-reviewed journals
- Recognized expert by record of funding, publication, and consultation at regional and national levels
- Ability to develop collegial relationships with faculty, staff, and students
- As applicable, eligible for Registered Nurse licensure in Missouri or any other required professional licensure
Other Desired Attributes:
- Engaging, positive, and respectful behavior
- Innovative team-builder and collaborative mentor
- Commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion
Duties and Responsibilities:
- 9-month appointment with rank of Professor with tenure; reports to the Dean
- Active in teaching and mentoring Valentine School of Nursing students and active as a mentor for faculty
- Scholarly productivity with extensive external research funding relevant to nursing practice
- Communicate research results through presentations and publications in national/international forums
- Participate in the activities of the Valentine School of Nursing and Saint Louis University
- Submit an annual report of activities to the Dean
Scientists interested in learning more about the Votsmier Endowed Chair position should contact Dr. Helen Lach, Associate Dean for Research and PhD Program Director. Email: [email protected]
Nonmedical Primary Appointment <12 mo.
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
How to apply
Saint Louis University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for the position applied for without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, military/veteran status, gender identity, or other non-merit factors. We welcome and encourage applications from minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities (including disabled veterans). If accommodations are needed for completing the application and/or with the interviewing process, please contact Human Resources at 314-977-5847.